Google Maps with Appointments +

Hello,

I am trying to understand the Google Maps integration options for Appointments + and I didn't see much on it in the tutorial.

Can you provide a quick overview of this functionality?

Specifically, what I am trying to accomplish is having a network of service providers at different locations throughout the country. I would like for users to be able to search by entering a zip code or city, state and have service providers returned.

Thank you,
Jesse

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Jesse, Michael here!

The shorthand answer would be, it allows you to display a Google map for a location on your appointments page, with the choice of displaying it below either:

- The "My Appointments" section (should you have the [app_my_appointments] shortcode inserted onto a page), or;
    - The "All Appointments" section (should you have the [app_all_appointments] shortcode inserted onto a page).

In your case though, the following idea suggests itself:

Have a page created for each provider, with the [app_services] shortcode configured to only display the services provided by the provider (via the "worker" parameter).

Then, create a map for each user, that's associated with each page, so that each provider has a location associated.

The search functionality would need to be developed separately (searching the map via the zip code, or the city & state), but once that is, a user could then search the map, and then navigate to the page associated with a location.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.