Got 3 simple questions about 3 things to ask, but didn't

Hi guys,

Got 3 simple questions about 3 things to ask, but didn't want to opet new threads on each of those.

1. Can i and how import .txt files into new blog? I mean is is possible? Full blog is explorted into .txt file from other blog platform.

2. Easy mode plugin: Activated, works fine except cant write posts in Visual mode (normal mode). Wondering what could be wrong?

3. User in multisite log in in their blog, switch tab or opet other blog to comment it has to log in again. I was wondering maybe cookies, but same thing happens after clearing history, cookies, data etc, for firefox and chrome. Have no clue what could be the problem.

• aristath

Hello again @Eldin, I hope you're well today!

1. Can i and how import .txt files into new blog? I mean is is possible? Full blog is explorted into .txt file from other blog platform.

Well, it depends...
    What was the other platform?
    Can you please post a sample of this .txt file here so that we may take a look at how it's formatted?

2. Easy mode plugin: Activated, works fine except cant write posts in Visual mode (normal mode). Wondering what could be wrong?

Could you please provide some more details on this one?
    Why can't they use the visual mode?
    What are they seeing instead?
    Perhaps post a screenshot and then grant us access to your dashboard...

3. User in multisite log in in their blog, switch tab or opet other blog to comment it has to log in again. I was wondering maybe cookies, but same thing happens after clearing history, cookies, data etc, for firefox and chrome. Have no clue what could be the problem.

Are you using Domain-Mapping or Multi-Domains on that multisite?
    If you are, have you enabled SSO in their options?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• Voxxyz

@Aristath hi man, how are you? :grinning:

Thanks for quick reply, i was kinda busy couldn't provide informations you need. So here we go:

1. This one will skip for a moment, wainting for friend of mine to download his blog and ill provide what it is on .txt file...

2. Easy mode activated, didn't touch even one setting at all. Tried to submit a new post in chrome and firefox couldn't, space for post in Visual and Text (second tab) is unclicable.

here are screenshots from chrome (http://prntscr.com/5wy3th) and Firefox (http://prntscr.com/5wyoy3) just an empty field and can't click on it, even thou when i press text in next tab and try Visual again, nothing...

3. Using Domain Mapping and i have no idea where is that SSO option to enable...

Thanks!

• Voxxyz

Here is update of simple .txt file of my downloaded blog, to see how it looks:

Sunce sija ko tepsija...
    Post je ukraden, ?isto radi probnih aktivnosti
    ?Naziv bloga: Eldininjo
    Domena: eldininjo.blogger.ba
    Opis: Virtualni kandidat za predsjednika države na narednim izborima.
    Broj posjeta: 157

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sunce sija ko tepsija...
    27.01.2015 19:52

Samopozdanja imamo raznih vrsta, od onih koji do detalja znaju šta žele, kako to ostvariti, preko trnja i kamenja sti?i do cilja, gaziti sve pred sobom do osoba koji koriste svoje ogromno samopozdanje u svrhu gluposti kojih nisu ni svjesni. Primjer je ?ovjek koji je izrazito glup, IQ je na nivou sobne temperature ali je samopouzdanje na ve?em nivou od Ajnšanovog IQ-a.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Post je ukraden, ?isto radi probnih aktivnosti
    17.09.2012 22:29

[IMG]http://www.zaslike.com/files/b4gkecelgwnz4jw9e5ht.jpg[/IMG]
    ne pitaj me zasto cesto bijezim od pobjede
    od trona sa papirnatom krunom na glavi
    zasto mi nisu tepanja
    polet u novi dan
    u novi izmisljeni raj
    ja sam od onih sto do kraja vijeka jurisaju na vjetrenjace
    ratnica za pobjede i poraze
    iz kojih uvjek izadjem drugacija a ista
    i ko to moze da razumije
    i ko moze da prihvati sve moje mjene
    tesko breme osmijeha
    i suze skrivene
    skrivene od pogleda tuznih
    od sjete sjetnih
  • aristath

Hello again!

That txt makes no sense.... If it were at least using an XML, JSON or even CSV format we'd be able to figure something out, but this is just useless.
    Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done unless you know what CMS they were previously using and how that file was exported.
    This can't be imported in WordPress.... Well it could, using a custom-written php script, but it would get really complicated, real soon if we add comments to that!

Does the original site still exist? Perhaps there's another way to export their content?

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aristath

Hello again!

Unfortunately there's no indication of what that site is using.
    There's a pretty good chance that it's completely custom... I can see it's using Apache & PHP 5.4 on its server but other than that no other info.
    The only way I can think of to get a proper export of that site would be to contact the original developers of that site on http://www.intersoft.ba/ and ask them to build a proper exported for it (preferably a json one).
    If for some reason that's not possible then at least do you have FTP access to that site?

If you do, then it shouldn't be too hard to custom-build this... you could hire a developer from our Jobs Board on https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/ and they can build it for you. It should be pretty simple and straight-forward...

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Ash

Hello @Eldin

I hope you are well today.

Still having issues with easy blogging.

I think this is a plugin conflict. Would you please run a plugin conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except this one and check if you still face the problem. If not, then enable one by one and check which one is causing the problem. You can see the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let me know what you get.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.