got multisite going! need a little help with mu-plugins folder

okay. so i've followed the instructions and got things going on. excellent.

so I created an mu-plugins folder in my wp-content directory. cool. took the wpmudev dashboard plugin, unzipped it and placed it into the folder. did not see it appear on all the sites.

???

Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Griffin,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

The WPMU DEV dashboard plugin should be network activated from the network admin, it only operates within the network admin and not on a per site basis.

This is because not only does it control plugin and theme downloads from us to your site(s), it would also give any other users access to your WPMU DEV account.

The users can still use the plugins though once you have installed the plugins via the WPMU DEV dashboard.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Griffin

like, what's the difference between the multi-domains plug-in and entering new domains manually? just makes it easier?

man this is SO AWESOME. I'm learning so much. So radical. Been wanting to get my content out there FOREVER. Well, maybe an Age or three. Since pre-Atlantis for sure.

question:

'Communities' plug-in or 'Buddypress'? Creating a network of faerie and mystical types.

Also, 'wiki' plug-in on main site or 'Custompress'? Which gives more visual front-end presentation?

thanks!

you guys are AWESOME!!!!

Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Griffin,

Hope you're well today and sorry about the delay here.

In general, the mu-plugins folder isn't really used, it's used more for things that you don't want them to be allowed to be deactivated at all and is a must use plugin for the whole network

like, what's the difference between the multi-domains plug-in and entering new domains manually? just makes it easier?

Multi-Domains is used to allow your users to create a site at a different domain on your site, for example say you have a multisite on domain.com, you can then add a additional domain of domain2.com and allow your users to create domains there as well

'Communities' plug-in or 'Buddypress'? Creating a network of faerie and mystical types.

This really depends on your exact needs, out of a social plugin, please advise?

Also, 'wiki' plug-in on main site or 'Custompress'? Which gives more visual front-end presentation?

Wiki gives you a specific front-end wiki with custom post type, CustomPress is for creating custom post types, custom fields and custom taxonomies

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.