Got the following

Got the following error please let me know how to fix that I have seen it on other pages this was on the dashboard page in WordPress News. Also, want to remove that WordPress News since it goes against the Branding. Thanks Jim

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello James,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

It seems that this error shows up because the 1792host.org site is not available. When you try to visit that site browser returns an "Address not found" error.

That may mean that the site that you are trying to fetch news from either doesn't exist anymore or is temporarily down. Is that your site?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello James!

I didn't notice at first that this is in WP Dashboard. That seems to be some additional news module that's added to your site's dashboard (e.g. by some plugin or a theme) that simply reaches out to a site that no longer exists. In that case there's probably not much that can be done apart from simply hiding that box.

You can do this by going to site's dashboard, clicking on "Screen Options" tab at the top of the screen and un-checking the "1792host News" checkbox.

Furthermore, if I understand that correctly, that "News" box is related to some of your business as your sites domains are registered with WPMU DEV are also 1792... domains, except they are ".com" not ".org". The feed in dashboard comes from ".org" so I suppose that was your domain in the past but it's no longer active. If you know how that box was added to the site then, you could just update it to use .com address pointing to the working site of yours and it should start working.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.