Got this Error when trying to install themes 133 package

Hi Everyone,

Got this error trying to install themes 133 package. Don’t have a clue?

Unpacking the package…

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Thanks,

Mike

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Hi mikep!

Was this while trying to install using the WPMU Dev dashboard? <<Probably the best way to install and update WPMU Dev products!

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/

Were you using FTP? <<Very EZ to use, and recommended if you have multiple domains on one c-Panel

http://download-filezilla-ftp-free.com/

Were you using the WP admin dashboard to upload the themes? <<Most common

Was you using the file manager in you c-Panel? <<Nice feature!

Did you try to upload the themes to the plugin folder? Now this question is not an insult, but it does happen; even I have done it, and there is a rumor that I did it again yesterday, but I cannot confirm or deny that at this time. :slight_smile:

Thanks Mike!

• mikep
    • New Recruit

Hi MTB1701,

Yes, I tried to install the package from the WP admin dashboard. First time I had to increase the allowed MB, after that I tried again and thought everything was OK until that error came up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mikep

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

It will do that.

The package is a collection of theme in a huge compressed file. WordPress will look for /theme-name/theme-files.

That wouldn’t be the case here because it is multiple theme.

So you must unpack the theme collection and then upload them over FTP.

Take care.

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Hi MikeP!

In your cPanel file manager or via FTP; go into you WP-content folder, click themes, look to see if the Farms 133 pak is there. then highlight it to the right, and delete. I have included a Snip Shot just replace the farms 133 with my 2011-test sample.

Then install the WPMU Dev dashboard and try agian, or you can unpack it in a folder and upload it to the wp-content/theme folder.

I recomend using the WPMU Dev dashboard.

Thanks Mikep!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.