Grabbing images from craigslist rss feed.

Hi, I am trying to import a craigslist search rss feed here:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=89475nm298347nw348mof2436&sort=rel&format=rss

I get my posts just fine, but I can’t seem to get it to pull the images from the feed. I have tried “Image Import” “Featured Image Import” and “Disable Sanitation” add-ons with no luck. Anything else I can try? Thanks!

Jared

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Jared,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I took a look at the feed in question and it does use an enclosure tag to include images, meaning that in feeds settings page you need to select “Use enclosure tag” option for import.

That being said, I’ve tested it on my own setup and unfortunately despite setting this option (and enabling Force feed and Disable Sanitization) I wasn’t also able to make use of the images.

I think we’re going to need a little help here, so let me include @hoang Ngo in our conversation and hopefully he’ll be able to come up with a quick fix.

Please keep an eye on this thread for further updates and information!

Cheers,

Adam

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @jared Larsen,

I hope you are well today.

The Craigslist RSS uses it own namespace, which prevent AutoBlog can understand the enclosures tag. I tried to use the FeedBurner & FeedInformer for reconvert, but both services didn’t understand too.

I think we will have to write specific code for this, however, this will make changes to plugin code, which mean you will need to re-update the changes each time you update the plugin. If that fine for you, I can give it a shot :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Hoang

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Sandra!

There’s been some updates to the Autoblog plugin since last post here and some of them were related to the way the plugin is handling images. However, there were no changes made specifically for Craigslist’s feeds.

I checked their feeds again and it looks like they are using “enclosure” tag that should be supported by Autoblog. Their way of using it is a bit different than expected by the plugin, though. I have asked Hoang Ngo then to take another look at it and see if he could take care of that.

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.