Gravity Forms Broken on Sites Created with Template

I'm using Gravity Forms and New Blog Templates on a Multisite. When I create a new site using a template that has a form in Gravity Forms (Gravity Forms is also Network Enabled), something goes wrong in the duplication process and it breaks Gravity Forms for that site only. Specifically, the form that existed in the template is gone, and I can't create new forms on the new site.

I went over this with Gravity Forms support and it's fixable by adding "&setup" on the end of the settings page URL (eg. http://template.multisite.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=gf_settings&setup ), to force it to create tables in the database again. While that works, it's kinda a pain to do on each new site. Is there any chance you guys could update this plugin to properly duplicate the template site and keep Gravity Forms working?

• orangethermal

Just to add to my confusion my partner under a different super admin created a site and it worked just fine.

He didn't even know there was an issue. I sent him a message asking if that form was auto-created or did he do it and he said it came that way when he created the site from the template.

So I assume it has nothing to do with multi-db after all which means I have no idea what's happening but i guess use his log in until one of the WPMUDev tech's can offer more information

Thanks for you help Tevya - points coming your way

• Tevya

Thanks for the points. Don't know how much help I've been, but I know how frustrating it can be to have problems like this and not know where to go, so I'm just trying to see what ideas I can throw out there that might help.

Here's a thought: I once added a contractor as a user to my multisite. He was only an admin on one site, but had super-admin privileges. Based on my understanding of WP Multisite, he should have been able to edit any site with his Super Admin status. However, for some reason, nothing would stick when he'd make changes on the various sites that he wasn't specifically a user of. I've not seen this again, or had any complaints from my biz partner or developer, so I'm not sure what was up. But you might try the following, if it's not already the case: add yourself as an admin on the template site. Then when creating the new site, use your email (same as in your user account) for the admin email on the new site. That way you'll be added as the admin for the new site, and possibly make whatever is affecting your user account stop blocking you.

I have no idea if this will work. Just the 2 different super-admin's acting differently reminded me of that situation we had. So it might be something to try.

• aecnu

Greetings Tevya,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.