Gravity Forms conflict in a setting?

Hi

I can see the goal and its looking close, but there's a huge hurdle in the way that I cant seem to work out

As part of my New Blog Template, I want to add some default forms (powered by Gravity Forms) which are made available when a user registers a site.

I have NBT set up correctly and tested and works fine.

I also have Gravity Forms set up, tested and working fine (how-to is documented here http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Advanced_Configuration_Options#GF_IMPORT_FILE)

However, it doesnt seem to work together 100%.

When I go to Edit Blog Template and choose What To Copy To New Blog? I want it to copy over all the settings and pages.

However if I include (tick) Wordpress Settings, Current Theme, and Active Plugins... it breaks and wont work (ie wont import the forms)

I tested it with the other four settings (Posts and Pages - Categories, Tags, and Links, Users - Files) and it works fine.

But the top one doesnt work.

Any ideas why or how to fix - or if I need to set something differently?

aristath

Hello there Chung! I hope you're well today.

it doesnt seem to work together 100%.

You'll have to be a bit more specific so that we can help you!
    What doesn't work? Do your forms get copied?

Just a few hints:

Is the Gravity Forms plugin Network-activated?

Do you have any settings on the plugin that are site-specific? If for example you have a contact form that is set-up to send an email to your account (if you manually entered your email address), then when a new blog is created your email address will also be copied and NOT replaced by the new site's admin email.

Awaiting your reply,
    Aristeides.

dnklnet

Hi guys,

I'm reopening this ticket because I think I'm having the same issue. I'm running Gravity Forms (set up correctly and network activated), as well as your New Blog Template plugin. I'm also using Gravity Forms' User Registration plugin.

On my site, I'm having new users sign up via a Gravity Form that's linked to their User Registration plugin. After they sign up, they get a new blog from a template thanks to your New Blog Template plugin. That works fine. The new site has the correct theme activated, Gravity Forms is activated..it's all great.

My problem, like the OP, is that I can't get Gravity Forms templates to work. The feature is documented here: http://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/page/Advanced_Configuration_Options#GF_IMPORT_FILE)

The idea is that whenever a new blog is created, Gravity Forms will automatically import a form template from a specified .xml file. That way, my users won't have to create a form from scratch.

The GF_IMPORT_FILE function is in my wp-config file. It works fine when the New Blog Template plugin is deactivated, but not when that plugin is active.

My best guess is that NBT is skipping something in the blog creation script, or otherwise bypassing the normal blog setup routine. I don't know how to start troubleshooting this, and I'd really appreciate any help you can give me.

Another note - I tried forgetting about GF_IMPORT_FILE and simply having NBT copy the relevant Gravity Forms tables from the template blog's database. That *sort of* worked...the forms were replicated, but they weren't functional.

Ugh. Sorry for the long message, I just want to make sure I'm explaining everything.