Gravity Forms Directory & Addons

Has anybody used this Gravity Forms Directory and Addons Plug in.

The regular forms have worked very well, but I have been having some challenges with the Directory part. Also, just let me know if questions here are only supposed to be about plugins created here.

Thanks

James

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

I didn’t know about that plugin, I’m going to have to check that out.

You culd also do much of this yourself, using the built-in system, sending the form info to any category, or allowing the user to select from a selection of categories.

Alternatively, you could use a combination of ‘CustomPress’ & the custom post types Gravity Forms plugin that you can find here:

http://themergency.com/plugins/gravity-forms-custom-post-types

• james_trig
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok Joe, but let me follow you logic through. If you allow them to users to use the form and post their info to a new category, let’s call it “Directory.” Then they could go to a menu item I put on the site called directory to see all the listings. However, then each one will list like a post instead of a row of information. Or am I missing something?

james

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi guys,

Just wanted to add that it’s totally encouraged to discuss WordPress stuff here, and I’ve gone ahead and moved this to the Advanced forum for more discussion. :slight_smile:

That said, I’ve had my eye on Gravity Forms for a while now and I’ve been especially interested in its custom post type support. I wasn’t aware of a Directory add-on for it.

I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread for some interesting stuff.

Cheers,

David

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

Gravity Forms, combined with CustomPress, is a great way to get things done on the front-end, without too much work. Link it in with the Paypal add-on, and you get a good starting point for many things.

I think if WPMUdev created some add-ons, you definitely have a market there as, at the time of writing this, there are 136,001 installation of gravity forms.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Heya Joe, you know, that’s the exact combination I had in mind; Gravity Forms and CustomPress. I’d have to add Headway as a theme on top of that too.

The reason is that with Headway, you can customize the layout of the individual custom post type ‘single’ templates all from the back-end, so no having to manually create a new template then finding where to insert the embed code.

In fact, using Headway’s built in ‘HTML/PHP Leaf’ you can place the embed codes wherever you want on the page, in a sidebar area you specify or in the content area if you like. To me, that’s what makes CustomPress so nice, it gives you the embed codes to paste where you like, and using Headway, you just paste them right into the Visual Editor.

And combining all that with Gravity Forms to add in the front-end functionality, I think it’s one mean combination of plugins/theme. :slight_smile:

Sadly, I don’t yet have Gravity Forms, I’ve just read so many things about it. Soon enough though!

• Moonworks
    • Code Wrangler

I tried Headway once, but got nowhere. I think it was just a brain numbing time, so will give it another go. Plus, there is the 30% discount available :0)

When you do get Gravity forms, it is well worth gettign a developer license, as it gives you access to all the add-ons, and they really do make things even better.

Hmm, the birds are singing outside, a sign that maybe I should stop for the night.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.