Gravity forms + user registration + password protected page?

I have a couple of issues here and I think I am approaching it the wrong way.

I am using the Gravity form plugin + Gravity forms user registration add-on for new members to sign up to my site. At the moment when someone fills in the form they are automatically approved (role type: member) but we actually need to manually authorise them (to confirm their business details are correct). So, as an Admin I'd like to receive an email, "A new user is awaiting your approval" with an, "Approve" or "Reject" hyperlink. If I click "Approve" then the user receives an email, "Your membership has approved and your login details are....." and if I click "Reject", the user receives and email, "Your access has not been granted, please contact us on...." messages. Is there a different plugin or process that I should be using here?

My second issue is that I want authorised users to then have access to one page (and the child pages). When someone tries to access this page(s) I would like a password prompt. What's the best process here?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Jason,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

I did a quick search and found the below plugin which might help you

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/new-user-approve/

My second issue is that I want authorised users to then have access to one page (and the child pages). When someone tries to access this page(s) I would like a password prompt. What's the best process here?

You can use the membership plugin to protect the URL and set a password on that page. So what will happen is that any user with access level to that URL will be able to see that page and with the password set, they will still need the password to view that page !

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Jason,

That is something which I do not see possible out of the box. It will need some fair amount of coding to do that.

The best way to protect content is that you simply protect the URL groups and allow it only for the users with a specific level. That is as good as protecting it with a password. As when a user on another level tries to visit that link, it would not show him the content.

Cheers, PC

• Jason
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi PC,

I ended up gettting it going using User Access Manager (http://www.gm-alex.de/projects/wordpress/plugins/user-access-manager/).

When a non-member tries to access the secure page they receive a message, "This page is secure, please log in or fill out our form".

So the process is:
    1. Someone uses the Gravity form to request access
    2. The admin receives a message with all of the Gravity form with an "Approve" or "Reject" message. The Admin clicks on "Approve"
    3. The website visitor receives a message with login details
    4. The user logs in (is forced to change their password) and then clicks on the secured page and automatically sign in (UAM lets you set permissions on a per-page basis).

Seems to do the trick.

Jason

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.