Gravity forms user registration using new blog templates when creating site

Hi,

I am wondering whether it is possible to have the site created using the new blog templates when I am using Gravity Forms User Registration to create the new site.

To get this form playing nicely with the WPMUDev plugins that I need to use (pro sites, new blog templates, and ultimate branding) am I going to have to hijack it at submission time and call a bunch of functions to create these integrations?

Regards,
Brendan

• Brendan
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

I think I may have been a little unclear with my question.

What I meant was when I am using the Gravity Forms User Registration plugin to register my users and create sites, how do I force those sites to use one of the templates I have built using the "New Blog Template" plugin from you guys?

Will this happen automatically or are there some functions I have to call once the blog is created?

Same with the "Ultimate Branding" plugin, how do I get the new site created by a user signing up with gravity forms user registration to have all the features of the ultimate branding plugin?

Regards,
    Brendan

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Brendan,

how do I force those sites to use one of the templates I have built using the "New Blog Template" plugin from you guys?

In the New Blogs Template when setting up the template (hopefully not on your main site but a sub site) there is an option to make it the default template and the answer is yes, this forces it to be the default template.

If you did not set it as the default template at that time I think you can still force it network admin dashboard --> Settings --> Blog Templates --> select and set the default template.

Same with the "Ultimate Branding" plugin, how do I get the new site created by a user signing up with gravity forms user registration to have all the features of the ultimate branding plugin?

Regardless of Gravity Forms, this plugin forces the chosen items on the user regardless of anything else.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Brendan
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the follow up. Ultimate branding is working perfectly, but I am having some issues with New Blog Templates.

I have currently a dropdown with a list of "new blog templates" in it, but I can't figure out how to get the selected blog template to actually be used in creating the new blog.

I saw this forum post
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/integration-with-gravity-forms-1

but it seems to have gone quiet and there is no response for a while…

The hook needed (from what I understand from that post) seems to be the gform_user_registration_save_config hook, but I can't find which function to call inside there to actually have the blog template that I want be used.

Is there any advice you can offer?

Thanks,
    Brendan

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Brendan,

I did indeed check the other post and see that they have come to a dead end and that the post had also been hijacked by other members confusing the situation there.

However, I am not in on that post, I am in this one and going to try to take care of my member here, meaning you of course :slight_smile:

Therefore, since I admit that I have no further answers for this ticket, this does not put me out of the game trying to help resolve it.

Therefore my next step is to see if I can get the invaluable insight of the lead developer in here to offer us his advice/advise us to what can be done and answer:

The hook needed (from what I understand from that post) seems to be the gform_user_registration_save_config hook, but I can't find which function to call inside there to actually have the blog template that I want be used.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here with an answer asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

HI Joe!
    I notice you personally get a lot of GF questions. I believe more than another staff member. If you like i can set you up with one of my unused domains as a test environment for these questions, or just to play around with them. Offer is open to all staff that could use it; if interested just email me at my profile email. I've also been going through all the threads on GF and going to send them to GF support in one large email. It may take them while to respond but I’ll share it as well. Thanks Joe!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Brendan,

Thank you for checking in here with us.

I have no eta on when the lead developer of the New Blog Templates plugin will have the opportunity to make his way in here to advise.

Unfortunately there is nothing more that I can do at this point except to wait with you for his appearance and his answer.

Sincerely, Joe

• bdeloach
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Come on! This thread was like reading a book and then tearing out the last chapter.

I have this same issue and would love an answer. Gravity Forms makes the registration process for multisite so much better and I'd love to use New Blog Templates in conjunction with Gravity Forms to allow users to choose a template at registration.

Did anyone ever figure out a hook or other solution?

Thanks

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@bdeloach

Come on! This thread was like reading a book and then tearing out the last chapter.

lol oh man have i been down that road or thread many times. lol Ok before i help you out here i just wanna give ya a little advice about these rabbit trials.

When you first visit a thread, always scroll down it, and read the last few post. It really does help!

Now the thread is kinda of old, long and should be allowed slide down into the abyss!
    The one post that i did see in this thread that may help you "Per your Question" is this one:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/gravity-forms-user-registration-using-new-blog-templates-when-creating-site#post-236494

I recommend you start a new thread for this topic, then post the link back here so i can find it! I am using the NBT, Gfrorms, and batch create on another site. I did not plan on using Gforms for sign ups, or even allowing sign ups really, but it would be fun to try, and something that would be cool to know!

So i will give it a gallant attempt over the weekend for you! So please start a new thread ans post it here!

Thanks! Enjoy!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings MTB1701,

Thank you for the great suggestions and input which is absolutely appreciated.

@bdeloach opening a thread that has been closed for several months is not a wise idea. It would have been much cleaner to have created your own ticket due to changes in the plugin and the possible cure. Fell free to open your own ticket if you have not already and also feel free to copy and paste any relevant information form this ticket into the new ticket.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.