Grid market lost all its settings

So I did the automatic update of frame market.

My sites got invalid function call errors. I was told I probably hadn't got all the files. So I delete framemarket and download it from WPMU and reinstall it.

After faffing around I get gridmarket to show up again and I activate it.

Now not a single one of my sites is using gridmarket, and when I switch them back to it, they have lost all the settings my users have put it.

I had make some changes to the gridmarket theme, but nothing major.

EDIT: It seems it was the changes I made to gridmarket. They were fine before but now they are causing problems. I thought I could make changes to a child theme and still be able to update safely.

• Eric G.

@moolric

You should be able to make design changes through the gridmarket theme and it will continue to work. Can you give us an idea of what is actually happening now that is the problem. Provide some links so we can see what is going on?

I have been going through all of the recent changes with framemarket and have it working great now. If you are able to start fresh with framemarket and gridmarket, maybe backup your changes so you copy them over after the fresh install.

• Mason

Hiya moolric,

It seems it was the changes I made to gridmarket. They were fine before but now they are causing problems. I thought I could make changes to a child theme and still be able to update safely.

Well, if you customize gridmarket - and then overwrite it (by upgrading) you'll lose any of your code changes. Gridmarket is itself a child theme of the framemarket plugin.

My suggestion for making changes to gridmarket would be to completely change the folder name to something else and then change the name of the theme in the style.css file. This way, you have your own custom version of gridmarket.

Then, when an update is released, you can update and check to see if there's anything in the new GridMarket theme. If it's something you want/need - then you can add it into your own child theme's files accordingly.

If you need any further direction here just let us know more specifics of what you'd like to do. Were happy to assist.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.