Grid Market + MarketPress

Hi,

All of my images display 150x150 in a grid, but if the product heading takes up 2 lines then the image aligns poorly. How do I correct this?

Eg.. in Picture 2 the images don't line up properly because some titles are longer.

Picture 1 the images line up properly even though the titles are varying lengths.

How do I get my software in pict 2 to display more elegantly like pict 1?

Thanks

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Hi Atlanta,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Cheers, James

• Barbara Davis
    • Flash Drive

http://www.highdesertdiva.com/store/red-light-district/

Hi, What a great forum community -- I've been helped so much. Thanks to all who've responded to my dilemma!

However, in this case, I tried Fondeli's piece of code at the end of Gridmarket's grid.css, but it didn't do anything different to help the uneven placement of my grid. See link above.

Full disclosure: I altered the width of my grid boxes -- could that be what's causing individual products to break up and go to different lines like that? Seems to be a DEPTH issue, though...

Help if you can please. Cheers and thanks to all!
    Barbara

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Barbara,

Let's try to get organized and keep things at one ticket location please. I want to make sure you get helped and we don't miss anything.

So firstly, I looked at your site and it appears the titles look ok (or did you modify all of them to match) but there is one where the excerpt seems to contain more text than the others and that's throwing off the grid a bit. If you lower the text in the description the grid should show up again.

Also, do you have a custom image size setup in MarketPress? By default, it should be creating a 150x150 image for the listing page (which allows for 4-across) but your images seem to all be at a different dimension.

Hope this helps. Let us know how this works for you.

• Barbara Davis
    • Flash Drive

Thank you Mason-

(I'm getting the hang of where I should be posting and writing on this forum to keep things in order -- I'll do better! :slight_smile:

I did not add custom code to make my images any different from the 150 x 150 size; I just upload somewhat larger .jpgs (hmm, they're not all SQUARE) and I thought the theme would use the smaller version in the listing page, and the larger version in the individual product page.

(Wordpress normally automatically creates 3 different sizes of images that are uploaded, doesn't it?)

Apparently the listings page isn't picking up the 150 x 150 versions. Maybe this is because I'm not uploading perfectly square .jpgs. (Maybe this is in the online manual! I'll check). Should I upload only square images?

However, I think I did change the width of the individual product item grid; I changed it back, but the product list still seems to be jumping to the lines below.

Meanwhile, can you point me to which .css or .php page this setting would be in?
    Perhaps I should overwrite my possibly buggy FrameMarket/Gridmarket theme css or function page with a clean copy of the default?

Should I overwrite a particular style or function page with the defaults, from a fresh download of Gridmarket?

THANK YOU - I'll try these things unless you think there's something better.

Hope I can give back to the forum as much as I've received so far -- I'm really grateful for your time.

Barbara

• Barbara Davis
    • Flash Drive

Dear Mason,

Well, much as I love to make things complicated, it looks like this has a simple fix after all - chalk it up to my Wordpress learning curve. Sometimes you just have to stare at something a while before you see it.

There is a setting in Store Settings ----> Presentation ----> Product List Settings that was set on "Large" image. I changed it to "Thumbnail," or 150 x 150 pixel image size.

Adjusting these settings plus shortening the length of some of the descriptive text per item has made my page look MUCH better.

Simple answer is usually the one. Thanks again for your attention!

Barbara D.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.