Gridmarket doesn't show pages for the main site only

Okay…this is weird and I don’t know why it’s happening.

Gridmarket is the standard theme on my site – I use it on the homepage and for free member accounts. Today I was testing and created a product in a free member account. I noticed that the whole description was showing on the main site (global product list) and changed the option on the main site (In Presentation – Product List Settings) to Show Excerpts -> No.

Immediately afterwards…my pages and posts stopped working on the main site. They are not found (though the title at the top of the browser changes to the correct one for that page). All I see is an “Our Products” page…with no products. It doesn’t open the default “store” page as it should.

Any idea why or how that would happen? I’m completely stumped. Everything works fine on the members site. And if I change my theme to something else on the main site…the pages are there and display just fine.

It seems like the free member theme is somehow conflicting with the main site theme.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

  • PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

    Hello Ray,

    Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

    Any idea why or how that would happen? I'm completely stumped. Everything works fine on the members site. And if I change my theme to something else on the main site…the pages are there and display just fine.

    It seems like the free member theme is somehow conflicting with the main site theme.

    It indeed has got me too.

    So what you are saying is

    Main Site >> GridMarket

    Sub site >> Different theme

    When you are creating a product on the member site, its messing up with the main site ?

    What is the theme on the sub site ?

    Can you please give me a link to the subsite and main site ?

    Did you check whether the permalinks are set to Pretty ? (On both sites)

    Also, last but not the least, did you check for a plugin conflict ?

    Please advise.

    Cheers, PC

  • ray_rheault
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

    Thanks for taking the time to try and help me out with this. I’ve narrowed down the problem and confirmed what was going on.

    Basically the problem is this – pages and posts do not show on any site, or on any theme.

    So I disabled all the plugins – all of my pages showed up and I could see them again.

    I activated Marketpress and they immediately disappeared.

    So…somehow or other, Marketpress is causing the permalinks to fail. Can you think of any setting that I could have set incorrectly that would cause this? I can’t seem to fix it. I tried reinstalling the plugin, deactivating/reactivating…nothing.

    Thanks again

  • pacman
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

    sometimes when you create pages or post and afterwords you change the permalinks it conflicts for some reason…i imagine that you create some pages and then activate marketpress so in order to marketpress to work you change the permalinks, causing the conflict…

    if thats the reason of your problem try to change the permalinks cofig to any other like the default one; save changes, then select again the pretty permalinks (post name) save again…

    hope that helps!

  • ray_rheault
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

    unfortunately, changing the permalinks to default and then back again to pretty links did not fix the problem.

    The problem I’m having is that the store slugs in the presentation section are disappearing. I’m just seeing // beside each field (so its not loading the value). All the fields are otherwise empty. Once the user hits “save” (even if they enter something in the field), all the pages stop working and none of the store slugs are actually saved.

    Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

  • ray_rheault
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

    okay….well, I worked it out. I didn’t want my users to be able to change the store slugs because when they’re left empty (…should anyone do that, for any reason at all), their site basically stops working and even re-entering the values does nothing. In fact, I couldn’t find a way to fix the problem other than by importing a backup of the database.

    I tried to “hide” the fields entirely by commenting out the code…which was dumb because then the fields save as blank and the whole site stopped working. In the end I just added “readonly” to the fields in marketpress.php and my problem was solved. Thanks for the help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.