GridMarket FrameMarket homepage problems. Please help

I am using the child theme GridMarket with the MarketPress plugin. I have two main concerns. Right now if you go to the homepage it will currently show you every product you have listed.

I would like to know the follows:

1.) Is there a way that I can code the theme to show make "WordPress Post (category featured) instead of every product I have in my MarketPress plugin? If so how do I do this?
Please tell me what file to edit, the code I need to replace, and the code to add.

2.) As stated above currently GridMarket homepage show all products listed. I also have the membership plugin. I use it so site visitors can not access paid members discount price products. Because GridMarket show all products I have listed site visitors can buy the products with the discount price from the homepage.
Is there a way that I can code GridMarket homepage to only show products from a choosing category?

Please provide file, code to replace and the code to be add?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

In order to change the home page from showing products to posts you would need to open up home.php and find the WordPress loop where you will see 'post_type=products'. Simply change 'products' to 'posts'.

To clarify, are you trying to offer a discount on products to paid members? If so this isn't something Membership would currently be able to do as it doesn't directly integrate with MarketPress in such a way.

Phil

• jseigle85
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I check for the file home.php file. There was two listed in FrameMarket. I did not find a home.php in the GridMarket folder. However when I founded the home.php I did not find any code listed as 'post_type=products' Can you check to confirm this is the code or file to edit. Also if you could can you give me a full path where the file is located?

I checked the home.php file but did not find any code 'post_type=products'

• jseigle85
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I am having problems with finding the home.php file that needs to be edit to get my post to show on the homepage instead of products. You told me to find this code post_type=products and change products to post. I can not find this code in the home.php files. Also I only find the home.php file in the FrameMarket theme and not the child theme gridmarket. Can you please confirm the file and code I need to edit. If you can please give me the full path where I can find the files. If this fill is in the gridmarket theme files I did not see any files named home.php. If it is in the Framemarket I did see to files named home. but the code you gave me post_type=products did not exist. Please help me

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi jseigle85,

As a child theme of FrameMarket, GridMarket relies on FrameMarket for most of its funcationality. As such, edits made to FrameMarket files generally do affect GridMarket.

Have you by any chance tried making the change to FrameMarket?

Cheers,
    David

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.