Gridmarket header font problem

Hi again! Framemarket's child theme, Gridmarket, is great, but still trying to customize the look.
How can i change the logofont from Cooper Black to something smaller and more like my client's logotype? Can't see where php or css contains a function to apply fontstyle.
Not quite ready to hari-cari over this, but seriously worried about how to customize!
I understand how child and parent themes work, I think, but the changes I'm making to the child files are having zero effect.
:slight_frown: Thanks to all for any help.

• aecnu

Greetings digeratibarb,

Thank you for the significant questions, they are indeed appreciated.

The first thing to do is to check and confirm that you indeed have the parent/child theme relationship configured properly as shown in this post:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/front-page-blogs-picture-and-text-not-visible-only-subject-is-visible#post-217131

Once that is affirmed, please check out the css files located in the /wp-content/themes/gridmarket/css folder and the corresponding /wp-content/themes/gridmarket/styles

Let me know how you make out on this.

Cheers, Joe

• Barbara Davis

Joe, I think I'm posting replies in two different places now, I'll check on that...
    Re: the link to the post you made for Anne, I do think I have the structure right. See attached screen grab. In the root of my Wordpress site, the path is:
    public_html
    store
    wp-content
    themes
    framemarket (parent theme folder)
    gridmarket (child theme at same directory level as parent theme)

I took the "gridmarket" child theme OUT of the framemarket/theme folder and schlepped it one directory up, so it's on the same level and therefore accessible to the theme options in Wordpress.

Is that what you're ascertaining? I can see the Gridmarket theme and have already added some products to the product list grids, just can't seem to make a change on the header.

thanks again! --Barbara

• aecnu

Greetings Barbara Davis,

Thank you for your additional input, it is greatly appreciated.

What i suggest doing is to make the changes in the parent theme files just so that you know which files are affecting the display. Then once this is achieved copy that file in the same directory/folder structure to the child theme so that when an update does happen the changes are not overwritten in the child theme.

The files I believe you want to modify are the following:

basicstyles.css in the /wp-content/themes/framemarket/css folder and if this indeed makes a difference then I believe you want to place the file in the /wp-content/themes/gridmarket/css folder.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• olidax

Same issue for me. I am using Gridmarket / Framemarket. I have both gridmarket and framemarket in the same folder (wp-content/themes) as directed. Any custom color, font, header, text, changes I try to make to the look of the site via the Admin seem to be ignored. I still have the default "gridmarket" text and orange / black default colors. The ONLY way I've manage to affect styling is by directly modifying the CSS in wp-content/themes/gridmarket/css/grid.css

I simply want to swap out the header logo and change colors and fonts. How can I do this via the Admin?

URL (beta site): http://onevoice-la.dreamhosters.com/

• aecnu

Greetings Barbara and olidax,

@Barbara Yes you absolutely have it right with the layout you gave us a screen shot of and thank you for that!

@olidax absolutely correct that you want to be manipulating the files in the Grid Market portion of the theme.

Regarding changing the colors of the site you would want to logged into the admin dashboard go to Appearance --> Theme Options --> Theme specific styling sections and make your preferred modifications there.

Anything you cannot do there you would want to modify the css file directly for the color style you have chosen in the /wp-content/themes/gridmarket/styles folder.

Regarding the header go to --> Appearance --> Theme Options --> Type of Header section and once you have chosen custom header or logo if indeed that is what you want, then scoot on over to Appearance --> Header --> and upload the header graphic. That's it.

Thank you both for being WPMU Dev Community Members!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.