GridMarket Marketpress Multisite network

Hello, I have GridMarket(framemarket) and MarketPress network enabled on my multisite isntallation.

I have created some test sites with test products to see how they show up on the main site. When using the standard 'recent posts' for the home page, I get this on my home page I get the first screen shot uploaded. When I leave it default, products show up there, When i change the "order by" from default to something else (i.e. release date, popularity), no products show. this is shown in the second screen shot. How can i get these products to show here?

Furthermore, I have created another page and I have been trying to get the shortcodes to work for me. What i want is first shortcode to display the most popular products on the network. This is what i Have, Correct me if I am wrong.
[mp_list_global_products paginate="1" page="5" order_by="sales" order="DESC"] I just want to show the top 5 products

Next I have another one where i want to just the 5 most recent products and I have this
[mp_list_global_products paginate="1" page="5" order_by="date" order="DESC"]

again correct me if i am wrong. If you can just show me the correct shortcodes to do these 2 options i would really appreciate it

Thanks in advance!

Jonathan

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Jonathan,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

When I leave it default, products show up there, When i change the "order by" from default to something else (i.e. release date, popularity), no products show. this is shown in the second screen shot. How can i get these products to show here?

I have tested it on my test site and it worked fine without any issue.

Could you please test it using default WordPress heme like Twenty Thirteen and deactivating all other plugins.

The global shortcodes that you are using are correct and should work. I have tested it on my test site and it's working fine.

Make sure to set "Limit Global Widgets/Shortcodes To Main Blog" to No in the MarketPress Network Options on the following path if you are using the Global Widgets / Shortcodes in the sub sites other than the main blog.

Network Admin Area -> Settings -> MarketPress -> General Settings

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Jonathan
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello, Vinod.

Okay, so this is where I'm at. I changed the theme to twenty thirteen. This did not fix the problem. On your test site, are your products on the main blog or on a sub site? I have the limit global widgets/short codes to main blog set to no. Nonetheless, I have these short codes on the main blog, and they are showing "no products" but there are clearly some products on my sub site. Is there a theme that works better with MarketPress than grid market?

Please advise,

Jonathan

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your reply.

On my test site i have products on my main site and sub site.

I have tested it on your sub site http://www.oakslist.com/note/store/products but didn't face any issue.

Could you please tell me on which site are you having this problem?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Jonathan

Hello Vinod,

I have granted access. I see what you mean by the link you provided. I am trying to have the global products show up here in this example. well they do when it is set to default, but when changed to any of the other categories, it shows "no products" I will check again now, but i would mainly want this on the main site. I see it working on that sub site though.

Thanks again, Jonathan

• Jonathan

CONFIRMED. Check this out here. This is the main site. It has products showing from the subsites, Upon changing the 'order by' from "default" to anything else, only one product from the main site is shown.

Is this supposed to do this? I really like this feature. I have kinda build quite a few pages that has widgets on it that kinda mirrors this feature. Nonetheless, i would rather have this feature instead.

Please advise

Jonathan

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Jonathan,

Thanks for posting back and sorry for the delay. I tried but could not replicate this issue on my lab site.

I would like to have a closer look once again. You can enable support access via :

WordPress Dashboard >> WPMU DEV Dashboard >> Support >> Staff Access >> Grant Access.

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Please advise so that we can help fix it.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.