Gridmarket Related Products Not Working Properly

I am having recent issues with the related products within Griidmarket. It has started playing up for some reason, where some products are not displaying the requested related products and in other cases I have only one related product chosen, yet I am getting four related products showing up and which after deselecting, will not remove from the product page!

I have spent most of the day trying to resolve this particular issue with no success. Can anyone offer some advise on how to resolve this please, much appreciated.

James

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey James,

Hope you’re doing well today and thanks for your question!

Do you mind granting support access so I can take a closer look at your settings? That way we can get this resolved for you faster :slight_smile:

You can grant that via dashboard – WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to your reply here James.

Cheers,

Tyler

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @james, I hope you’re well today!

I logged-in on your site today and looked for a solution to this issue but unfortunately was unable to find anything that might be causing this.

As this is not coming from one of our plugins but is instead a 3rd-party plugin, have you tried contacting the developer?

You can contact @nathanonn using the contact for on his site here: http://www.marketpressthemes.com/contact/ I’m sure he’ll be able to better assist you resolve this since he is a lot more familiar with his own code than we are. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Ari.

• James
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ari,

Thanks for the reply to this issue and for taking a look at the site. I am using the related products setting within the gridmarket theme, which I have set to 4 for the product pages.

There is a similar settings field within the market Theme plugin, which if when disable, still has no effect with the gridmarket related products settings.

I thought that perhaps the market press plugin may have been the issue but it looks as though there may be some other reason for this problem.

I will keep working at it though!

Many Thanks

James

• James
    • Flash Drive

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your assistance with this issue. I tried your suggestion and disabled the plugins and also changing theme to twenty fourteen but have spent the last half hour trying to get it back again!

Once changed, I was practically unable to manoeuvre the mouse in any direction, it was just straying all over the place and started to get me a bit worried.

I have managed to get the site back again but it now seems unstable and is shuttering to the left and right when moving the mouse around, especially along the menu options!

I have also lost image slider from screen so at the moment I am trying to restore this issue!

Could do with a solution to the site shuttering left to right, it’s acting pretty weird at the moment!

Thanks

James

• James
    • Flash Drive

Hi Michael,

Quick up-date to say that I have got the theme back to where it was earlier but the related products issue remains.

I did systematically go through each of the plugins over the last few days but didn’t resolve the issue with the related products feature.

In fact its only been a few days, Friday I think since I first noticed this problem, since it was working perfectly well until then.

The only thing I think that was done on the site around the same time was the new header being uploaded, which Ash did for me.

But its one of these features that I definitely do need to have on the site, due to the nature of the products being sold.

I am open to any suggestions though to get this up and running properly.

Thanks

James

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello James

I hope you are well today.

It has started playing up for some reason, where some products are not displaying the requested related products and in other cases I have only one related product chosen, yet I am getting four related products showing up and which after deselecting, will not remove from the product page!

I am not sure where you select the related product, but there is no place to select related product. It is all dynamic. Let me explain.

For example, you have a category cat 1 and five products in that category a, b, c, d and e. So if you view any of these products, then other products from same category will be related products and will be shown at the bottom :slight_smile:

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers

Ash

• James
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ash,

Thanks for the reply and this important information, which may explain what I am seeing!

Yes, I don’t see any related product fields here to add when looking at the MP Product settings, but perhaps I am getting confused with having the Market Theme plugin in my settings, since it must be this one I have been referring to in my support posts!

Having said that, I had disabled the MP Plugin to avoid confusion but seems it has done in any case!

In the lower part of the product pages, there is a section for related products with four or more drop-down fields, where you can choose whatever related products you wish to select and show.

I may have mistaken this to be a part of MP Related Products, where you enter the selected product fields.

Therefore if I delete this plugin then MarketPress will select related products from within a relevant category!

I will try playing with this area Ash, as I like the option to choose which related products should be shown myself…if in fact it still works.

I may try deselecting the related products within MPress and try with MTheme Plugin and see if this restores the settings I initially had working!..in fact this does make sense, as I had been pulling my hair out with it for several days now with no success!!

Anyway Ash, once again thank you for your interest in this post and finding what I am sure is the solution needed to resolve this issue!

Best Wishes

James

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.