GridMarket Shopping cart not updating

Hello WPMU Dev Support,

I am opening another ticket to get to the bottom of why the total in the header for GridMarket does not update when a product is added to it using 'Add to Cat' buttons.

I have set up a website, Sort.co, I have simplified the set up of plugins, it only has the following:
1) MarketPress
2) WPMU Notification
3) WP Show IDs
4) FramMarket/GridMarket theme

Basically whenever an 'Add to Cart' button is clicked the total in the GridMarket header is not updated.

I very strongly suspect the code is using a cookie and browser cache in which case there is most definitely an error with how Gridmarket theme updating the total i.e. it cannot possibly be a server cache issue.

I have been able to get the total to work by installing W3TC plugin and enabling options for the Browser cache.

However, my understanding is this should be working without the need for further plugins, especially one as complex as W3TC.

Does anyone have the answer as to why GridMarket theme does not update the header total?

Kind regards,
Yusef

• aecnu

Greetings Yusef,

I just visited your site and tested and the result is at this moment that the amount refreshes but the quantity reads zero even with multiple products in the cart.

There is something certainly bizarre going on with your site/host because on two different test servers of mine they both show a different reaction and neither have caching plugins.

Seattle Washington Server Test Site:
    http://aecnuwpmu.us/

Columbus Ohio Server Test Site:
    http://test.easystartdiywebsitedesign.com/

Obviously I cannot replicate your issue. The first site above was built two days ago on Wednesday and the second was built in February.

Agreed that it should be working without W3TC or any other caching plugin, just like ours.

If you have this activated right now or during my test about ten minutes ago please advise and turn off for an additional test without caching or if it is vise versa please advise.

I want to be testing without cache please.

Cheers, Joe

• mroracle

Hello Joe,

First, thanks for taking a look at this, must admit I was losing hope anyone wanted to get this resolved.

To get to the bottom of this I have specifically set up two websites, Sort.co to have minimum plugins and absolutely no caching, Flout.co to have extensive caching and lots of plugins.

Sort.co does not have W3TC or any caching plugin, it was built fresh and minimum plugins installed from the start, it only has what I have stated:
    1) MarketPress
    2) WPMU Notification
    3) WP Show IDs
    4) FramMarket/GridMarket theme

Flout.co has W3TC installed and many other plugin to boot and is working smoothly.

The one difference is the servers but that does not make too much sense:
    1) The hosting company has checked and validated that Sort.co has no caching on the server
    2) The code for the total I suspect is using the Browser cache and cookie on the PC i.e. it should all be done on the local PC, so the server should not even be an issue even if there were caching on it.

It cannot be my PC as it is also happening for you too.

The following is what comes to mind:
    1) Are the plugins set up in Wordpress correctly
    2) Has the theme been correctly installed

Happy to take any suggestions to get to the bottom of this, mine are:
    1) Would you be OK to have a look at the plugin set up in Wordpress if I provide a username/password
    2) I am going to set up another website, again with minimum plugins and see if the problem occurs

Kind regards,
    Yusef

• aecnu

Greetings Yusef,

Sometimes caching does some strange things :slight_smile: regardless of the browser, but not that this is what I think the problem is, I really do not know what is going on here at this time and I have never seen this exact thing before in my year plus with WPMU Dev.

However, I will keep digging to help get this thing sorted whatever the cause of the problem.

1) Would you be OK to have a look at the plugin set up in Wordpress if I provide a username/password

Sure I will take a look, actually kind of expedites things when we check it ourselves.

Please send log in details of your WordPress Login and FTP to aecnu (at) incsub.com and please be sure to include the URL of this ticket too:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/gridmarket-shopping-cart-not-updating

Looking forward to receiving that email and getting to the bottom of this intriguing issue.

Cheers, Joe

• mroracle

Hello Joe,

The problem has been resolved, here is what I did:

1) Upgraded to the latest version of Wordpress
    2) Upgraded to the latest version of MarketPress

The total in the header of GridMarket now shows the correct totals when products are added and removed.

Have a look at Sort.co now.

As I cannot re-construct the issue then it cannot be considered a problem any longer and this ticket can be closed.

It is great to know that W3 Total Cache is not required to get this total to work.

Thanks for all your help.

Kind regards,
    Yusef

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.