Group calendar conflict

BuddyPress group calendar conflicts with my theme OneSocial. Can you help?

• Nahid

Hey Audrey !
    Hope you are having a great day!

This issue has been escalated to our Second Level Support team. They'll be back to us with confirmations if this is a bug within BuddyPress Group Calendar, clues, workarounds and fixes (if possible) for now in this ticket (or we'll be updating the ticket as soon as we hear back from them internally). Please note that the response time of the Second Level Support team might be a bit delayed than that of the general Support staff. Moreover, as this is a conflict with a third party theme, we cannot assure a workaround/fix from our end just yet without investigation. In an unfortunate case like that, you'd have to contact the theme authors regarding the issue. We really appreciate your consideration regarding this. Thanks!

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• Konstantinos Xenos

Hi Audrey !

I've checked the issue you're having with OneSocial theme and managed to reproduce the error but it is not caused by the BuddyPress Group Calendar plugin. It is a conflict between OneSocial and the latest BuddyPress releases.

I was able to use OneSocial ( latest ), BuddyPress 2.9.4 and BuddyPress Group Calendar 1.4.9 without any issues but when updating to the latest BuddyPress release ( 3.1.0 currently ) the theme is breaking resulting in the errors you're having.

To be more specific:

OneSocial is replacing the default BuddyPress theme files and uses the bp_is_group_forum() method that was deprecated after BuddyPress 3.0 resulting in an error and breaking the page ( this can be found in file onesocial\buddypress\groups\single\home.php Line 96 ).

--

Unfortunately you'll have to inform the theme authors but feel free to use the information above so they can easily create an update and avoid any conflicts with the latest BuddyPress releases.

Best regards,
    Konstantinos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.