Group Calendar input fields do not work properly?

Installed the Group Event Calendar plugin and while the Calendar does display the fields to create an Event do not work properly.

At first they didn't work at all then I made a template with no columns so now the input field loads on the first page load but if you click Visual and/or Text to switch edit options the field disappears completely.

You can reach my groups here: http://www.dadsofdestiny.net/groups/

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Chris

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

Form fields not working properly sounds like a conflict with your theme.

However, can you be more specific about exactly what was the behavior you did observe? What did "not work properly"?

Also, to be able to help you with your custom template, we'd need to see the actual code you've used in it. Can you please create a new paste at http://pastebin.com/ with your template code, then post a link to that here?

Thanks!

• Chris
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

You will need to be Admin, I have activated this option in the WPMU Dev options.

If you visit the Group here: http://www.dadsofdestiny.net/groups/pvp-135493471/ then select Calendar.

Scroll down to the Create Event section. The field where you would enter the event Description has 'Text' selected and the field appears. However if you click 'Visual' the field disappears and the toolbar never shows up, selecting 'Text' brings back the toolbar but no input field. Also when the input field shows up it does not appear across the length of the toolbar.

I didn't actually use a custom template I merely placed a template for the theme (Parabola) into the Child theme to force the Group Event Calendar to use a single column format over a two column format, as the two column format the input field would not appear at all.

Here is a link to the simple template page code just in case it helps: http://pastebin.com/dwkQPCig

• Chris
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

That plugin isn't on that page but disabling it does seem to allow the fields to appear properly. The isn't even a widget on the page.

Any thoughts on how to correct this as the Embedly plugin is use quite a bit on the site.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Chris,

You can resolve this by inserting the following code into your site as an mu-plugin:

add_action('wp_head', 'embedly_footer_widgets');

The reason why you've been having issues here is because the Embedly plugin only loads the "embedly_footer_widgets" function inside of the Dashboard at present, so there's a bit of code missing when you're trying to use Embedly on the front end editor (which causes the JavaScript errors on the calendar page to show up when you try switching editors).

Could you try adding in this code please, and letting me know how it works for you? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Chris
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you all! The field now shows up with the Embedly plugin enabled and everything appears to be in working order.

I would love to know how you guys determined the plugin that was causing the issue but I'm going to mark this as resolved.

Send me a message if you have more info to share.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Chris, glad to hear that the fix is working for you here! :slight_smile:

The thing that gave away the indication of Embedly being the problem was this JavaScript error that showed up in the browser console (I used Google Chrome's Developer Tools to investigate here):

Uncaught ReferenceError: EMBEDLY_TINYMCE is not defined editor_plugin.js?wp-mce-4107-20141130:121

You can see the function that I added to the "wp_head" action hook on lines 436-448 embedly/embedly.php. Also, in regards to this earlier statement of mine:

The reason why you've been having issues here is because the Embedly plugin only loads the "embedly_footer_widgets" function inside of the Dashboard at present

You can see the add_action function that loads the necessary code inside the Dashboard on line 474 of embedly/embedly.php, you'll notice that it's adding the function to the "admin_head" hook (which is why the function was originally loaded inside the Dashboard only).

Hope this helps, and hope you're having a great weekend. Take care! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.