Group reservations?

I installed the Appointments+ plugin & got everything set up fine. But I can't seem to find a method to allow group reservations? It will only allow a single person reservation.

Am I missing something or is this just a limitation of the plugin?

Thanks,
Cory

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello ninjafit2 and welcome to the WPMU-DEV Community!

The Appointments+ plugin is primarily designed for single person reservations. I'm afraid I don't know how you can achieve group reservations. Perhaps you could explain some more your use case?
    Maybe we'll be able to figure it out then.

Cheers,
    Aristeides.

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi ninjafit2,

I agree with aristath, that I can't find the option you seem to need. I encourage you to make a feature request (Ask a question in the WP bar on this site, then choose Feature request from the Category dropdown).

One way around this could be to create a service that is a group event. Could that work for you?

An aside : There is a feature request out for a similar feature in the Events+ plugin.

Cheers
    Mort3n

• ninjafit2
    • New Recruit

So I offer Paddleboard services at various locations in Tampa. When people book a class or lesson I need them to be able to select a location & also pay for more than just 1 person...since 99% of the time people go in groups of 2+.

I would also like to offer a discount the larger the booking as well. For example, if someone were to book a lesson for 2 people it would cost $60 (2 x $30). But if they did 4 I would like to offer a discount...maybe $100 instead of $120 (4 x $30).

Please let me know if there is any progress made on this. In the meantime, I'm evaluating other options.

Thanks,
    Cory

• aristath
    • Recruit

@ninjafit2 It looks to me like this could be achieved by using a custom-coded payment gateway.... one that would add a "persons" field (i.e. a quantity field) and depending on the value of that field apply your custom pricing model.

However this falls into the completely custom-coding category of support that we don't normally provide in these forums.

You can post a job in WPMU Jobs so that someone can create such a module for you.

I am marking this issue a s resolved.
    If however you need any further clarifications, don't hesitate to reopen this issue and post an update.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aristath
    • Recruit

You could also try combining Appointments + and MarketPress.

Using that combination you can use the MarketPress cart for checkout, so it would be easier to add multiple instances of an event to their cart, and your discount could be applied there. :wink:

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.