GT.net grades for site optimization

Hi

I am analyzing my site thru GT.net and m getting very poor grades for the following and am not sure how to configure hummingbird or WP smush so i can improve these problems. See attached

• Rupok

Hi Debra,

So sorry for the inconvenience you are having. I believe, after configuring Hummingbird and Smushing your images with WP Smush will improve your score. To get usage guide of Hummingbird, you can check this page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-hummingbird/#product-usage

To get usage guide of WP Smush, you can check this page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-smush-pro/#product-usage

I believe, after following these usage guides, you will be able to configure Hummingbird and Smush your images with WP Smush Pro and that will increase your site performance score.

If you still have any confusion after checking those usage guides, please let us know. We will be glad to assist further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Debra

Hi Rupok

I get this message when i click on configure with minification and i am a bit concerned since it says to fix can "break" website

not sure what will happen if i try to save "ensued files" to minify...please advise

maplewcweb, moving files between the header and footer of your page can break your website. We recommend tweaking and checking each file as you go and if a setting causes errors then revert the setting here.

• Debra

Hi Rupok

I get this message when i click on configure with minification and i am a bit concerned since it says to fix can "break" website

not sure what will happen if i try to save "ensued files" to minify...please advise

maplewcweb, moving files between the header and footer of your page can break your website. We recommend tweaking and checking each file as you go and if a setting causes errors then revert the setting here.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Debra,

Yes, it can "break" in terms that somethings can stop working and layout can look differently. This is because not every theme and plugin plays nicely when its JS files are "touched" - by that I mean minified, combined and moved. And Minification can do that.
    So if that happens next step is to disable minification, combination and move files to original position

After that your site should start working correctly. And from that point you can start enabling again those options for each file - and see if that causes problem with site. If you see that one file breaks site, revert changes for it and move to next file.

Each site is different - there is no one general configuration that would work for every site, so testing is required.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.