Guest level can view protected content

Hi

Hope someone can help me. I am having mixed success with the membership premium plugin (v2.0.7) with wp 3.2. I used the quick start list from the plugin to as the method for the settings. At the moment I am having problems with restricting access to several pages for my guest user (I used negative rules for the the guest level ). I currently have 5 active levels: guest, member, professional, fellow and affiliate. I have 2 subscriptions set up as public; member and affiliate(my client wants to assign higher subscription levels themselves). My client has added member level to all download material but guest users appear to be able to view it. Also I have tried adding the download pages to the negative rules for the guest level but they can still view them. The only aspect of the plugin I can get to work are the [guest], [member] shortcodes within the page content. I have also tried the following

• resaving download media with membership level set
• adding negative rules to downloads for the guest level
• disabling and enabling plugin
• amened all level names to lowercase and then resaved guest level in options
• activating twenty11 theme to see if there is a problem with the existing theme (http://www.templatemonster.com/wordpress-themes/35120.html)

thanks again to anyone for any help

al

• al
    • New Recruit

Hi Phil,

Below are some screenshots. I have a page 'test' that should not be accessible by guest level users so I have checked this page in the negative rules of the guest level. The test page has a numer of downloads on there, all have been set as member only. I have checked the memer downloads in the negative rules of the guest level but guests can still download them. As I stated earlier the only the shortcodes seem to be working. My client did paste some code from an external source which has resulted in problems for the site generally - we are having to use default permalink settings.

Please see options, levels, and guest settings below

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.