So I just installed the Ultimate Facebook Plugin and tried to follow both guides linked but FB has switched their layout again and it left me scratching my head. Fortunately I figured it out and wanted to help donate some screen shots to help anyone else new to all of this. If there is a better way or place to do this I apologize in advance :slight_smile:
Register & Choose To Create An App
2) Choose an app name (it can be anything) and a category
3) Copy your App ID & App Secret (hit show first) into your WP dashboard fields.
4) Choose “Settings” on the left hand side.
– Type your website address into “App Domains”
– Update your contact email from your fb login to your customer service email (if you have one)
5) Choose “+ Add Platform” then “Website”
– Site URL – this should be the same as “App Domains” … the website this is for
– Mobile Site URL: unless you have a m.yourdomain.com leave this blank
– Hit Save Changes
6) App Details on the left hand sidebar
– All the top fileds are optional
– Choose “App Center Listed Platforms” in the center and turn website to “yes”
– I recommend uploading a logo and icon
– Scroll down and save changes
7) Status & Review in sidebar
– turn on “yes” in the top right hand corner, hit confirm
– go back to your WP page, make sure the App ID & Secret Key are filled in and hit save.