Guidebook?

Is there some sort easy of step by step guide on how to configure basic components with this theme? I find this theme completely bewildering!! I can't even figure out how to control the components on the static intro page, or move menus around--like I don't want my forum stuffed into the community drop down I'd like it separate. Maybe it's just way above my head.

• Eric G.
    • The Crimson Coder

There is no guidebook for this theme. I would recommend you just ask in the forums what you would like to adjust. Many of us have lots of experience with this theme and can help you customize it as you wish. Also you have access to the theme developer in these forums and that is a huge bonus.

BEst practice is to start a single thread for each question or issue you have and let us help you fix it one at a time.

• seasonalsad
    • Flash Drive

Thanks. This is going to take forever to get done that way but I have no other option. Is this the only theme with the static privacy wall?
    I guess I am just having regrets spending so much money to join when I thought I'd have easy to configure themes but to learn it takes expert level knowledge to handle this stuff.
    Sorry just feeling incredibly frustrated at the moment. I guess there are no refunds so I'll have to start posting away.

• Eric G.
    • The Crimson Coder

Just to defend WPMU Dev a bit. I think their code is about as standard as it gets. The messiness of this code has a lot to do with the messiness of BuddyPress. It takes awhile to figure out, but once you get the hang of how it works and is laid out, you will find yourself customizing fairly easily.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Yeah, these kind of things will get easier in the upcoming releases of BuddyPress. It's not the easiest piece of software to use :slight_smile:

Like Eric says though, if you have questions just post them here on the forum and we'll all help you the best we can :slight_smile:

Phil

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

Hi Seasonalsad,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Cheers, James

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.