Gulp Uglify vs Plugin Minify

Hello People,

This is partly a support question and partly a members discussion.

Have any of you used GULP? Specifically Gulps Uglify and Concatenate features?
I want to know what the difference in Uglifying using a command line tool like gulp, and using a plugin like Hummingbird or WP Minify.

The reason i ask, when i use Hummingbird or WP Minify, i usually always get errors, but when i uglify using command line i never get errors.

This is no smack on minification plugins. So please dont get defensive and let your emotions provide an incorrect answer.

I read somewhere that when using a plugins minify, compression takes place by assigning a letter to blocks of code which can repeat along different blocks of code, causing conflicts in readability of this code, whereas with manual minify, this is not usually the case.

Your thoughts appreciated.

• Nithin

Hi Huzaifah,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I haven't used Gulp extensively, especially Gulp Uglify so I'm not exactly sure how that would work.

It seems like the Gulp Uglify does has a significant improvement when it comes to minification, as it doesn't have to compress the files when compared to the basic minify process. However, with Hummingbird you can also minify manually, by including/excluding the files from being minifed, or combined.

I'll have to check with the developer for their views on this, however, this thread seems more apt for member discussion, as more experienced members can share their thoughts on this. Please do let me know, whether I should move the thread to the members forums for more active engaging conversations, and discussions.

Best Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.