GZIP Compression? Conflicts?

Are there any conflicts between Smush Pro and Gzip Compression? Should I go ahead and turn on GZIP Compression? (Defender seems to think so)

• Nithin

Hi Tom,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Are there any conflicts between Smush Pro and Gzip Compression?

I checked my system with Smush Pro, Hummingbird, and Defender enabled. But I'm not able to replicate any conflict with Gzip compression.

Should I go ahead and turn on GZIP Compression? (Defender seems to think so)

I checked your Defender plugins pages, and I'm not able find where Defender detects such conflicts. I did check your Hummingbird Gzip page, under Hummingbird > GZIP Compression, and could find that the compression for text/html is disabled.

Could you please try disabling your cache plugin just to make sure there isn't any settings overriding it, and check whether text/html is enabled in Hummingbirds Gzip page.

I could also notice that Defender is picking your server as NGINX, but under WPMU DEV > Support in System Info. Your server is showing as Apache, are you running on any proxy?

Please let us know how that goes, so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Praveen Thirumurugan

Don't worry to enable GZip in every site in your hosting,
    Follow this steps:

1) Login in to the cPanel of your Hosting.
    2) Go to Software -> Select PHP Version (Search is easy).
    3) Check the 'zip' box at the end.
    4) Now GZip is enabled for the whole hosting files.

If that doesn't work,

1) Go to Software -> Optimize Website.
    2) Select 'Compress All Content' and click 'Update Settings'
    3) GZip should be enabled.

If this also fails,

1) Try refreshing the website with 'Shift + Refresh'. This will delete all the cache.
    2) Use .htaccess method as described by the host.

Thanks for posting,
    Praveen!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.