Gzip is not working.

Gzip is not working properly:

Deflate is enabled, on my server but my hosting provider does'n't allow for all .htaccess or nginx.conf compression rules to be applied on their shared hosting plans... I would have to upgrade hosting in order to have that feature. Is there any other options for use with this plug in.

Ruben

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello ruben,

I hope you are well today.

Unfortunately, for GZip to work properly, there has to be the directives set at either the global level in your server config or at the .htaccess/nginx.conf level. This instructs the module what content should be compressed.

May I ask what host you are with? Perhaps there's others who have run into this situation and we can try to figure out a viable solution for you.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello ruben,

I've been looking into this and haven't found any specific information on it regarding iPage. However, there's some things I could try on your end to see if I can get this working for you.

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site and server?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.