gzip is not working properly:

Hello,

I'm trying to use Hummingbird to speed up the website, solvecfs.org, but I receive an error "gzip is not working properly".

Could you please help with what I can do to enable this feature?

• James Morris

Hello Victor Zdor,

I just checked your domain on a couple Gzip verification tools and it does show that Gzip is enabled on your server. So, if Hummingbird is not showing it as enabled, it could be an issue adding the rules to your .htaccess file.

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site?

You can learn how to grant WPMU DEV Support Access at the following link:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please reply back here once you've enabled access so I will be notified.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Luís

Hi Victor Zdor ,

Hope you're doing well today!

1) I give a look on the GZIP Compression section of Hummingbird and seems that there is an issue with the "text/javascript" and "text/css" MIME Types.

Can you please check your .htaccess to make sure that all rules were added properly?

1.1) In the GZIP Compression section of Hummingbird, with Apache selected in the dropdown, click in the "Want to do it manually?" link.

1.2) Then, compare the rules with the ones added to your .htaccess.

Also, it's possible the "mod_deflate" module are not configured to handle with all required MIME types, so, if all the rules were properly added, I would suggest to contact your host provider to double check if it supports "text/javascript" and "text/css"?

2) I give a look in the Performance report of Hummingbird too and based on the recommendations, I would like to suggest a plugin like WP Super Cache to give a full page cache feature to your website. This will be a good help to speed your website.

Hummingbird only offers a Browser cache feature, so you can use WP Super Cache alongside with it to improve the performance of your website.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.