Gzip is not working properly

Hello there!

Just got this message on the dashboard

Gzip is not working properly:

- Your server may not have the "deflate" module enabled (mod_deflate for Apache, ngx_http_gzip_module for NGINX).
- Contact your host. If deflate is enabled, ask why all .htaccess or nginx.conf compression rules are not being applied.
If re-checking and restarting does not resolve, please check with your host or open a support ticket with us.

So I thought I better contact your awesome support team, hosting provider is super slow...

• Rupok

Hi Christos,

I'm so sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having.

Thanks for granting Support Access. I checked your site and found that your server is running Apache. So can you please contact your host and ask them if the "deflate" module is installed and activated on your server? If not, can you please ask them to do this?

Can you please also ask them to make sure that PHP is configured to support zlib library and that zlib output support is enabled; there's a php.ini setting for this that should be set to "on":
    zlib.output_compression = On

Also, can you please try the manual method to enable GZip Compression?

I believe these will help.

If nothing above helps, can you please contact us through our Live Chat support so we can investigate further and try to resolve this issue for you?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.