GZIP only works for text/html

Hi,

I’ve tried to enable GZIP on my page. However, it’s only working for html. CSS and javascript aren’t compressed.
mod_deflate is enabled. I’ve granted you support access.
Please also find attached the current htaccess file.

A note, which might be helpful: Compression for text/html also hadn’t work first. Only after I’ve set caching in the plugin WP Super Cache on mod_rewrite, compression for html worked.

Would be great, if you could have a look on it :slight_smile:

• Nithin

Hi Jonas,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing your .htaccess file, I'm not able to detect anything odd in your .htaccess file. Since, I don't see you mention about performing a plugin conflict test, could you please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), and rule out any plugins that cause any conflicts.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If you aren't able to notice any difference, could you please send us your credentials so that we can have a closer look?

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select “I have a different question” for your topic.

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Jonas,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I have gone through your website, and checked extensively, and did ask the developer to give a look regarding this. This seems like you are using Apache v2.2, instead of the latest version v2.4. Since the version 2.2 is more of a legacy version, and the mod_deflate module needs DEFLATE filter in order for the Gzip compression to work.

I have created a /mu-plugins folder inside /wp-content folder, and have added a file hb-gzip.php with the following code:

<?php
    add_filter( 'wphb_code_snippet', function( $code, $server, $module ) {
        if ( 'gzip' === $module->get_slug() && 'apache' === $server ) {
            return 'SetOutputFilter DEFLATE';
        }

return $code;
    }, 10, 3 );

This have fixed the issue, as the above code defines DEFLATE filter for GZip to work. You can now, enable, and disable Gzip through the Hummingbird plugin page.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regrads,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.