Hacking Marketpress to show product on same line with two alternate purchase buttons

Another try to get the same question answered: I need to offer people the option to purchase a downloadable MP3 or a hard copy CD version of an audio recording. I have 1700 recordings in the library. It is not considered an option to offer the same catalog in two categories (CD vs MP3), since we already have other categories we are using.

The title of the product is the same whether or not it is a MP3 or a CD.

I need help cracking the marketpress template_functions to display the products in a special way. Essentially offering two buttons (one for each purchase option) beside the combined name. Hard to write, but easy to visualize. Check out http://ck.cdagraphicdesign.com/sample/ to see what I mean. The section of code I'm looking at in the template file starts around line 2361 and outputs the content as a loop using a for each statement.

Can I get any help with re-writing the query to pull the data that I need?

Thanks

• Kimberly

diverchrisfl

Let's see if we can help you find an easier solution :slight_smile:

There is a shortcode for showing a Products Buy Button. If you create a product page for each item, but only show one in a search or specific category you can show the alternate product's Buy Button.

Product Buy Button 	[mp_buy_button] - Displays the buy or add to cart button.

Optional Attributes:

"product_id" - The ID for the product. Optional if shortcode is in the loop.
        "context" - What context for display. Options are list or single, default single which shows all variations.
        Example: [mp_buy_button product_id="1" context="single"]

Would this be an acceptable alternative?

Best,

Kimberly

Disclaimer: What you are asking is beyond the scope of what we can officially provide as advertised support here in the forums, please understand that although we may be able to offer suggestions, you are requesting a custom coding solution that will alter the plugin.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.