Integrate MarketPress Inventory with Etsy store

Has anyone created a plugin to connect the inventory in MarketPress to an Etsy store (or other platform?

• Wayne

Hi Vaughn -

I am just starting to plan this out myself and would enjoy collaborating with others on making this work.

My concept is that a website is the central broadcast platform for any business and from there all information about the business should radiate out into all the platforms that the business has a presence. Not only social networks, but commerce networks, as well. So, if I add a new item to my inventory, I want it to show up in as many places as possible, such as Etsy, Shopify, or even Square for my POS system in the shop. And when the item has been sold on any of the platforms, it notifies the website which then removes the item from the rest of the platforms, automatically. Most of these platforms have REST APIs for handling inventory management. And by centralizing the management, other triggers could be launched, such as inviting the customer to our newsletter.

My plan was to offer this capability to clients once I worked it out for myself. Happy to have this be part of the WPMU open source if we can get it to work.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Wayne,

Hope you're well today!

It's certainly a great idea, there's a similar platform in the UK called Channel Advisor http://www.channeladvisor.co.uk/platform/

You might want to look into a integration with that, maybe even post a job on our jobs board here to see if there is someone else who would also like to get this done. https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/ to split the cost.

This certainly would be a complicated thing to do and would require both a large amount of development work and cost if hiring someone to do this for you.

It would of course also be possible to develop your own multi-platform solution though we'd be talking a very expensive piece of custom development then and if anyone offers to do it cheaply, I'd strongly advise not to go with them.

Hope this all works out, I'd love to see something in the WordPress ecosystem that offers this.

Kind Regards
    Jack.