Has anyone experienced a Phantom/ghost page appearing within their site?

I did a small test site some months back. I started receiving comments from ‘spammers’ and I later noticed an ‘additional page’ of course, I clicked on it and it took me elsewhere. I did some reading and the chat on the internet was calling this a phantom/ghost page. The chat circulating was suggesting it was coming from Russia and was an attack on google analytics. Has anyone else experienced this?

My question and of course concern is…..do I re-install google analytics or do I go with Yoast as an analytics plugin?

Thanks to all in advance.

Best Regards

Peter

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Peter,

Hope you’re doing well today!

Was the page in your google analytics? It’s possible that a site may have found your google analytics code and then added it to their own site. This won’t affect your site directly at all, but does sort of skew your analytics.

A way around it is to create a filter so your analytics only shows your own site. Here is more information on how they get your ID and also how to add the filter: https://blog.kissmetrics.com/protect-analytics-from-hacking/

Hope that helps! If you have any further questions just let us know :slight_smile:

All the best,

Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.