Has the call to wp_footer(); but it is not called directly before /body

I am having trouble regardless of the theme that I select getting the following alert:

Your active theme:

Has the call to <?php wp_footer(); ?> but it is not called directly before </body>

I noticed on the forums a couple of other people had the same issue, but I didn't understand the fix. Is there someone that can help? I'm guessing that I have a conflict somewhere, but I do not know where.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

It's not a common issue as often there are other issues for users and just before the body tag shouldn't be the only place to put it. That said lets see what we can do to get your plugin working with this theme (we can move the call in this case and give you a file). Try the attached footer.php file please just replace yours.

• joesugg
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Tammie,

Thank you for the response. I updated the file that you attached and it fixed the problem. However, it immediately flagged the update notification that there was a newer version. When I updated it I had the same problem. I can replace the file again, but it seems like I am having the same problem on all the themes I have tried. So do I need to...

A) update every theme file with the footer.php file that you gave me and just never update the files
    OR
    B) identify what plugin is creating the conflict and either not use it or look for a fix

Thank you so much for your help. I realize this issue is not isolated to your theme design, but I don't know how else to list it on the forum.

Joe

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

Not the same file just find in footer.php the call wp_footer() and move to before the /body tag - should sort any issue. Just create a footer.php in your child theme and it will then mean it's your own custom footer and safe from updates. Easy way to do for any theme.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.