Have appointments already filtered based on service page

Hello

I have a site with various pages detailing a service on each page.

It seems at the moment the user is already on the page that they want to make an appointment for but still have to find the service in a drop down list.

I would like the services already filtered to only show the service for that page and all that the user has to do is choose a provider and a date and time.

Is this possible? It appears not at the moment when reading the shortcodes that are available.

Thanks in advance

Adam

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Adam,

Thank you for the great question and in direct response to Is this possible? the truth be known anything is possible when one is a competent coder with a vision and the will to get the job done - and I am not a coder.

With that said, and short of recoding the entire plugin ... lol ... I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• magichew
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Okay. I'd really appreciate it if we could get to the bottom of whether or not (within the confines on the plugin in its current state) it's possible to add the filter I described above to the short code.

Look forward to finding out.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Hi Adam,

Is this possible? It appears not at the moment when reading the shortcodes that are available.

Yes, that is certainly possible.

If there will be a single service on the page, then you can use "service" parameter of schedule and service provider shortcodes, e.g. to select service with ID 3:

[app_service_providers service="3"]
    [app_monthly_schedule service="3"]

Of course you should omit app_services shortcode, because service is already pre selected.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

@yo_luca,

You can select only one service like this. But if I am not wrong in another topic I wrote you about using app_services filter hook if you need more than one filtered service in a single calendar.

Of course it is always possible to add to the page 2+ different calendars each having a different service.

Cheers,
    Hakan

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Everyone,

In consideration of the lead developers last post, it appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.