Have in issue with Cloner SW not showing up in the "Settings"

Have in issue with Cloner SW not showing up in the "Settings" after install and activate. I am a nebbie and thought this plugin could clone a site from one url to another. Is this true or not? What is the "network" reference to? Please help.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Finley, hope you're doing well today, and welcome to WPMU DEV! :slight_smile:

I should note that our Cloner plugin is intended only for Multisite presently (that's what the "network" refers to), that would explain why you're not seeing the plugin settings on your site.

However, if you're looking to copy a single site install from one site to another, might I suggest our Snapshot plugin?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/

You'll need to create a snapshot of your present site (making sure to select all common files, and all blog database tables), and download the .zip file that gets created.

Then, if you haven't already done so, you'll need to install WordPress & install our Snapshot plugin on the site you're looking to move to, as this will be used as the destination for restoring this snapshot to (as Snapshot doesn't create sites from snapshots).

After that, it'll just a matter of importing the snapshot & restoring it to that sub-site (you can learn more on how to do this in the "Importing a Snapshot" & "Where Are My Snapshots? Can I Restore Them?" sections on our usage page)

Let me know if I can be of further assistance here please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.