have indian currency in paypal

hi i just realized that paypal integrated with appointment plus does not have Indian rupee as a payment option. how can i have Indian rupee has a option in paypal as it is an Indian site and it should work fine with appointment plus also.

also can you pls suggest if i want to use payumoney india as a alternative to paypal, how is it possible....will it get integrated with appointment plus plugin as a payment method.

pls advice.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @siddharth123

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes, you can add custom currency by adding following code in functions.php file. Don't forget to replace all instances of ABC and dummy label with correct currency code and label.

function my_app_add_currency ($currencies) {
        $currencies['ABC'] = __('ABC - Imaginary currency, please change :)', 'appointments');
        return $currencies;
    }
    add_filter('app-template-currencies', 'my_app_add_currency');

function my_add_currency_symbol ($symbols) {
        $symbols['ABC'] = __('ABC', 'appointments');
        return $symbols;
    }
    add_filter('app-template-currency_symbols', 'my_add_currency_symbol');

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• siddharth123
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Sajid

i have always messed up with trying to add any code in the php file.

can you pls do it for me...i would be very greatful..it is for indian rupees.

i have extended the staff support access.

And pls update me so i know it is done

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @siddharth123

I would love to do it for you but, its not recommended to add/edit PHP code via WP editor. Because if something went wrong then you can not revert your changes.

I requested FTP and WordPress admin login details in other thread. I will do it when I received the information.

Please add this thread link in the email also for reference.

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @siddharth123

First and most importantly never ever post login details in forum thread. Its a public forum and regularly indexed by google. So any one can see these information and use them to hack/delete your site.

Always send login credentials via our secure contact form. Go to https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ - select "I have a different question", fill out the form with requested information and submit.

I have edited your response and removed it now.

These are just for future reference. The above cPanel information will work for me and I will change it for you.
    If you are using cPanel then see below article on how to get FTP details.
    http://support.hostgator.com/articles/how-to-create-an-ftp-account-in-cpanel

And here is more information about what FTP is and how you can use it.
    http://www.webmonkey.com/2010/02/ftp_for_beginners/

I will post a reply here when done!

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @siddharth123

I have added custom currency in the list of PayPal currency as seen in screenshot attached. To do this I created a tiny (aplus-custom-currency.php) mu-plugin and uploaded it wp-content/mu-plugins folder.

Cheers, Sajid

• siddharth123

Sajid so sorry. i tried testing the payment gateway paypal and it showed error while making payment in indian rupees. so i contacted paypal and they told me that i cannot use paypal for indian rupees. now i am stuck again. i will have to use a indian payment gateway to collect payments. how do i integrate the indian payment gateway with appointment plus so that it works fine and confirms the appointments when payment is done.

pls reply so badly worried bro

• siddharth123

i am waiting for a revert on this thread of mine as it is very important.

i want to test the payment and confirmation system of appointment plus. So kindly let me know how can i incorporate indian payment gateway with appointment plus where after payment the appointment gets confirmed.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @siddharth123

I am sorry for delayed response on this ticket. I am afraid appointments + does not support any more payment gateways for payments (by default).

However it can seamlessly be integrated with MarketPress plugin. We have lots of other gateways like 2checkout and mollie that might support indian currencies. That said when some one will purchase an appointments product it status will automatically changed to confirmed.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/

If there are no gateways that meets your requirements, then you have to create your own if you know PHP or hire a third party developer from custom development board.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.