Have read previous questions and have questions on a third

Have read previous questions and have questions on a third variant of integration between the two plugins.

Assume a multi-level membership site w/ an additional etail component (ie marketpress). Estore would contain 3 overarching functions, 1) public etail merchandise (lets say T-shirts), 2) public free downloads (lets say PDFs), and 3) members only content (lets say training vids).

Marketpress would NOT be used to sell memberships, BUT want membership levels to restrict access to member only content w/in marketpress. Is this possible?

Also would marketpress support a separate wholesale/retail dual pricing function for the public etail (tshirts) or only via a coupon code?

• Ash

Hello @docfx

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Marketpress would NOT be used to sell memberships, BUT want membership levels to restrict access to member only content w/in marketpress. Is this possible?

Yes it is pretty much possible. You can use positive and negative rules to set your access levels. For complex URLs you can use URL groups.

Also would marketpress support a separate wholesale/retail dual pricing function for the public etail (tshirts) or only via a coupon code?

Not sure if I understand your correctly, but yes, you can use coupon to offer a discount.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• docfx

As to #1, Good... I assumed that the URL group would allow as long as I segregated the content. Member content is expansive, so using marketpress to organize and search rathe than create individual pages/posts for each training vid.

I was hoping that there might be a wholesale function or add-on for the public etail side of this install such that a discount code could be applied to a user (ie contractor % discount) that becomes active upon logging in to store w/o having to setup multiple coupons for each 'contractor'.

Also while I'm thinking about it, is there a quantity bundling feature in marketpress? For example, qty 1-5 = $X, 6-10 = $Y, etc. I didn't see it discussed in any of the overview vids - perhaps I missed it.

• Ash

I was hoping that there might be a wholesale function or add-on for the public etail side of this install such that a discount code could be applied to a user (ie contractor % discount) that becomes active upon logging in to store w/o having to setup multiple coupons for each 'contractor'.

Also while I'm thinking about it, is there a quantity bundling feature in marketpress? For example, qty 1-5 = $X, 6-10 = $Y, etc. I didn't see it discussed in any of the overview vids - perhaps I missed it.

This is not possible out of the box, but these features are in our consideration to add in future release.

Meantime, let me ask a SLS developer about this if there is any code hack for this.

Cheers
    Ash

• Hoang Ngo

Hi @docfx,

I hope you are well today

Unfortunately this is a extremely complex feature and is beyond the scope of custom coding that we could provide.

However this would make a nice addition to the plugin, I have added it as a feature request and we'll see if any other users would like this functionality.

If you need this feature now, you could try posting a job on our job board here https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Some note for the development. You will need to add another metabox in the add/edit product screen, where you can set the price rules for quantity.

Later, you can modify the process of cart display, in the file /marketpress/marketpress-includes/template-functions.php to apply the logic for new price.

If you have any issues please don't hesitate to let us know so we can assist

Best Regards
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.