have some errors that keep re appearing.

I am looking through a massive debug log and have some errors that keep re appearing.
Can anyone tell me what this is?

[20-Apr-2017 21:13:39 UTC] PHP Notice: is_singular was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /home/lucidhive/public_html/lucidhive/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4137

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Mr Right Now,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

These PHP notices shouldn't cause any issue and no procedure should be halted or whatsoever.

As this message doesn't contain any further info about the source of it, you can install the famous Query Monitor plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/query-monitor/ which should reveal that.

Also, please keep in mind to disable WP_DEBUG altogether when you're on a production state, as debug information may also include sensitive information. You can do so if you choose the followings in wp-config.php file:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', false );
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Ref: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Mr Right Now
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks for letting me know about this tool Mate!!

I have found 6 issues so its not that much yet I dont really understand
    how 2 of them can still show up as I have deActivated a plugin?

I installed Font Organizer recently after reading about here on a blog post and have never reallyt used it yet but would like to.

Here are the 6 issues that I have found, any ideas on what these are?

Suprised to see WPMUDEV branding showing up with Errors.

Thanks Dimitris!!!

Best
    Marcus

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mr Right Now,

The first error about upgrade.php not found could be due to some missing files in your WP installation, perhaps something went wrong during update process.
    I would suggest re-installing the WP file by downloading fresh WP installation from wp.org and replace everything except for wp-content folder and wp-config.php and .htaccess files.

Make sure to create a full backup before performing this just to stay on the safe side.

Can you tell me where are you seeing the report for Ultimate Branding as I have tested it with Query Monitor on my end and I can't replicate this on my installation?

Defender query reported there is quite small one and it shouldn't take so much time, can you tell me if this happens each time or it was a temporary report?

As for the other reports, I'm afraid that this will need to be discussed with plugin developers so they can review the code.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.