Have the popup on different pages

How can I use this plugin to have a different popup for different pages (or posts)?

Thanks,
Giovanni

• Kimberly

Giovanni,

Hi again :slight_smile:

Just want to make sure you have the latest version of Pop Up!

It was updated a couple of days ago.

As I understand it Pop Up! currently doesn't support this right out of the box, however there is a bit of tweaking that will allow you to do so if you are OK with some code.

As per the developer in another thread: You can add a single referrer to the referrer rule, but that will only handle either a single page easily. It can handle more if you are familiar with regular expressions (I'm not that good at them to give you an example I'm afraid), and that will only *not* show popover for people coming from specific pages, not visiting specific pages I'm afraid.

You can check this thread for a solution from another member. It may fit your needs, however he does use specific urls to avoid the Pop Up, so you may have a bit of an issue if you are trying to apply a pop up to a post type.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/restriction-list-to-avoid-pop-overs

Do you have a network or a single install? If you have a network you will need to be sure to enable Pop Up on a site by site basis. For site-wide control, leave as is. For blog by blog control - comment out the PO_GLOBAL line at the top of the plugin file.

Let us know if you need anything further! If you are looking for a custom coded solution to this please feel free to post on the WPMU job forum to find an available developer to hire. :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.