have two issues 1) Issue with the Appointment page

Hi, have two issues

1) Issue with the Appointment page (visitor) - view availability

http://monosnap.com/image/BNQZiYW4vohSJjjK2Dvf9WfDvCQsB9
domain - http://tinyurl.com/lhzx84a

2) wanted to create a holiday period where the appointments are not visible/available - i changed it in here - http://monosnap.com/image/FqsUI7GNMVNK9deg3zkwLQChI3xnzd
(also when the holiday period is active there needs to be some text saying that the "service provider is on holiday between date 01/01/2015-01/02/2015" as an example

Support access open

Thanks
Tom

• Patrick

Hey there @Tom

I hope you had a great weekend!

Issue #1: I see the calendar just fine when visiting your site (screenshot).

Are you perhaps viewing the site as an admin? While the Appointments+ plugin does not have any settings to show/hide shortcode content to admins, there may be some other plugin with such options that may be interfering on your site.

Do you also see the shortcode when logged-out, or does the calendar appear then? Have you tried viewing the site while logged-in as a regular user?

For issue #2: The exceptional non-working days should appear in the calendar with whatever color you have set as "not possible" in the Display Settings section.

However, as you have noticed, there is no option or shortcode parameter to notify clients that the service provider is exceptionally not available.

So you could add a message to either the service description, the calendar title, or the logged/notlogged calendar shortcode parameters. Would that work for you?

• Tom

Hi Patrick,

i am also seeing the calendar display properly now as well, not sure what caused the issue before. I was viewing the site using Safari when Not logged in + i had run a CC clean to clear the browsers cookies and cache prior to opening the site. At first it looked ok but when i clicked the "next Month" button i saw that code in the initial screenshot clicking previous month also saw the code there too. but re-tested and appears to be ok.

regarding the 2nd part - as you saw in this screenshot i typed in for the Holiday period of 2015-08*24 to 2015-09-08 under no preference of service provider hoping it would apply to all? does this need to be applied manually to each of the dummy service providers? - I just now updated it so that it was applied to all of them.
    http://monosnap.com/image/FqsUI7GNMVNK9deg3zkwLQChI3xnzd

But still seeing no change to the calendar page in terms of appointments between that time its still showing as available?

Also regarding the notice. I need an option that will be easy to activate or place within both versions of the calendar pages i.e. view availability when not logged in and the booking calendar for users logged in (only visible to logged in users) so that the site owner / service provider can easily edit should the have a holiday period and want to ensure that a) users cant purchase an appointment during their holiday time and b) notify users that they are on holiday and not just that there are no appointments available at that time.

Also would you mind removing the image of the site from your previous post (as google index's your forum posts i have found in the past that these screenshots end up linked to these post in searches of the brand/ domain name in google, which the client does not want)

thanks

Tom

• Patrick

Hi again @Tom

I was sure I had posted this reply yesterday; guess not huh?

Indeed, if you are using dummy providers, you should set those exceptional days for every provider to ensure that they are properly represented on the calendar. The only time it will work when setting them for just the No Preference case is if you have no service provider defined at all (the plugin defaults to the site admin in that case).

Re: the holiday notice. Exceptional non-working days will show in the calendar as being not available. However, you can also style them differently so they're distinguishable from other non-working days with a bit of CSS like so:
    .appointments-list table td.app_holiday {background:#999}

• Tom

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the reply. im still unable to see the holiday period as not bookable ? at the moment even though the settings are confirmed on the back end for no work on those dates the front end is still showing them as bookable - http://urlgone.com/2ba3dd/ (expires in 7 days) - click skip ad on top right
    can you please check it out for me?

i will also try out the CSS code when the first part is working.

Thanks

Tom

• Tom

Hi Sajid,

Thanks for the reply, sorry i forgot to post a reply back here. I found the issue. was that i thought i placed the calender from date A to date B but i found out that i need to put each individual date that the holiday period is on for in manually. After doing that it was working :slight_smile:

thanks

(could i ask that it be considered for a feature update in the next version) - so that if user selects from date A to date B rather than inputting each date one by one? - or create it so that you can do both ?

Thanks
    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.