Have you and do you hire WP support techs from Pakistan OR do you avoid that country? Just curious.

Hey folks,

Have you (the folks at WPMUDEV) and do you hire WP support techs from Pakistan OR do you avoid that country? Just curious if you have had good experiences there for WP support tech or not.

Please have someone in WPMUDEV who actually knows about the hiring a little bit comment.

Let me know.

:slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Greg,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm not in "hiring" here at WPMU DEV but the process is transparent here and I can tell you for sure that there's no such thing in hiring process like "avoiding a country". We are a globally distributed team and my colleagues come from all over the world.

Skills, knowledge, ability and willingness to learn fast and work hard and a good attitude (easygoing, great team worker and being nice and helpful to the Members of our Community) is what counts the most here. Your nationality, location (unless you cannot get decent internet access which is a must to do the work, that's just a tech requirement), gender, religion, political views and so on... that doesn't count.

If you want to know more about us check this page first to "meet the team":

https://premium.wpmudev.org/about/

To find out more about the Company and hiring process see here please:

http://incsub.com/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Greg

Great. Thanks.

Good info.

But, also, I meant it in terms of my considering someone in Pakistan doing some work for me as well (not just what your doing).

I mean, I have heard issues from Pakistan workers in general for WP (perhaps isolated issues). I will do our research but I just thought you may have a opinion on it or other countries that may require a bit extra due silence on WP workers?

:slight_smile:

• Dimitris

Hey there Greg,

hope you're doing good today and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

I can understand that every country can have it's own particularities, but I think it's not kind of fair to think about it in such general and large scale. Of course, there's the main factor here which is the nature of the exact job position you're looking to cover, but I urge you to keep up with your research and hiring procedure as that's the only way that you will give you back useful insights about every single candidate. :wink:
    As there isn't much more to say about this (and after Adam's response), I wonder if you want some more feedback from other members on this. I can move this thread in Members section for you. :slight_smile:

Take care,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.