Having a similar issue on many themes where the super smush

Having a similar issue on many themes where the super smush option is not available despite being active, and all the images in the library are already smushed (with no files not smushed).

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey @md9

I was doing some tests on the site myself and looks like I was able to install Hello Dolly just fine. This looks like something else.

Can you please send in

Subject: “Attn: Jude

– WordPress super admin/ admin username + password

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– cPanel details

– phpMyAdmin details ( To check database )

– MySQL details ( IF you dont have phpmyadmin)

– link back to this thread for reference

Select “I have a different question” for your topic – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Cheers

Jude

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey Richard, Michael here!

Going on what you’ve said here in the thread (and looking at the main site for your Multisite), here’s the verdict I have for you:

Short version: They’ve already been smushed, both in the normal fashion, as well as being super smushed.

Long version: To start, it sounds like you already had the Pro version of WP Smush installed, instead of the free one, and you’ve had the “Super-Smush images” option enabled (for some time, I’m assuming).

The thing is this: with Super-Smush Images enabled, any image will now be subjected to both the normal smushing process, as well as the super smush process, all at once.

The only time you’d be seeing the option to super smush the images would be if you had “Super-Smush images” disabled previously, and then enabled it after you’d already smushed some images.

The reason you’re not seeing the super smush option is that they’ve already been super smushed, from the looks of it.

Granted, there’s a lot of files coming up that say the smushing size is a few bytes, but from investigating this on my own test site, it looks like they were smushed in the past, but that the smush records were (somehow) removed from the database, thus, you’re seeing the result of WP Smush Pro trying to smush them again.

Kind Regards,

Michael

P.S. I’m aware of the theme updating issues, and that you’ve opened a thread for this elsewhere:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/no-plugins-or-themes-will-update-or-install-just-from-wpmudev#post-1057110

In digging into this further, we’ll take the discussion over there, I’ll reply on that thread shortly.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.