Having issue getting the plugin to display and work with a YooTheme theme.

The theme I am using is called Air by YooTheme. After looking at their code and file structure it, they're using a framework called WARP which seems to be functioning different from regular WordPress themes.

I activated the Classified plugin and added a test classifieds ad. When I load the classifieds page a blank page shows up with no text or markups at all.

I tried copying the page-classifieds.php file to the theme root and that did not help either. When using the shortcodes for the plugin within the WordPress pages they do appear on the front end but the default Classifieds, My Classifieds pages etc do not work. They only display a blank white page.

I looked through many forums and was unable to find a solution for this. Is there something that must be done manually? I should mention that the Classifieds page displays fine when using the default Twenty Twelve Theme. Please help me to find any workable solution to this problem.

• jason_redcay

After I turn on WP_DEBUG and load the page I receive the following messages

Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home/dutchauc/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 2959

Notice: Constant CP_VERSION already defined in /home/dutchauc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custompress/loader.php on line 40

Notice: Constant CP_PLUGIN_URL already defined in /home/dutchauc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custompress/loader.php on line 42

Notice: Constant CP_PLUGIN_DIR already defined in /home/dutchauc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custompress/loader.php on line 44

Notice: Constant CP_TEXT_DOMAIN already defined in /home/dutchauc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/custompress/loader.php on line 46

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/dutchauc/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php:2959) in /home/dutchauc/public_html/wp-content/themes/yoo_air_wp/warp/systems/wordpress/helpers/system.php on line 197

The theme does have header.php and footer.php files. However for the single pages there are no page.php or single.php files in the theme folder. Instead there is only an index.php file which has the following code which appear to be directing the site to use the WARP framework.

$warp = Warp::getInstance();
    echo $warp->template->render('template');

Again, the shortcodes work well but the default classifieds page show up as blank.
    I'm also using the directory plugin which I think has the same setup and I receive the same blank white page for that plugin as well.

Attached is a screenshot of the theme file structure along with the code that's used in the index.php file.

• Vaughan

hiya

sorry for the delay, i have been unable to find a solution to this, i'm more thinking it's because the theme has some unorthodox methods in it which aren't compatible.

i'm gathering you have tested this with the default 2012 theme just to make sure it is actually working with a theme that does follow wordpress standards.

I'll flag the developer on this, but if it's the theme that's the major cause, i don't know.

hopefully Arnold maybe able to pinpoint this cause.

thanks.

• Arnold

The plugin expects the standard Wordpress Template Hierarchy

http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Hierarchy

It tries to use the themes page.php replacing it's content with content generated by the plugin. If the theme doesn't provide those hooks then the plugin can't tell where to put it's output. Directory is the same way.

I don't hold out much hope of getting it to work because who knows what they've done to the standard structure.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.