HAving issues uploading header image.

I can’t seem to upload a header image. When I do I get:

“The uploaded file could not be moved to the upload folder.”

Is it a permissions issue, size issue?

Does it use the same folder as all other images or is there a separate one?

• eborg9
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I’m still having issues.

I just moved all my sites over to a new server, so I had some FTP problems earlier.

Now that I have access again, I don’t see what the ‘uploads” folder in this error message:

“The uploaded file could not be moved to the upload folder.” is supposed to be.

If I remember correctly, images went into the “Files” directory, which strangely, I don’t seem to have anymore.since the transfer but all of my images are still there.

So I did the most logical thing and recreated a “files” directory and set permissions to 777 and still no luck getting the header image to upload. Same error message.

Can you confirm that by “uploads folder” it means the “Files” directory?

And do you have any other ideas?

• eborg9

I’m still having issues.

I just moved all my sites over to a new server, so I had some FTP problems earlier.

Now that I have access again, I don’t see what the ‘uploads” folder in this error message:

“The uploaded file could not be moved to the upload folder.” is supposed to be.

If I remember correctly, images went into the “Files” directory, which strangely, I don’t seem to have anymore.since the transfer but all of my images are still there.

So I did the most logical thing and recreated a “files” directory and set permissions to 777 and still no luck getting the header image to upload. Same error message.

So then I tried uploading an image normally and the same error message.

Am I supposed to have an “uploads” folder now ?

Can you confirm that by “uploads folder” it means the “Files” directory?

And do you have any other ideas?

• Goddess
    • Flash Drive

eborg- Check your /wp-content/blogs.dir/X/ for the files folder, where X is the blog ID number, and review the permissions on that. If your new server requires 777 permissions to upload, that may be the issue. If your uploads are based into year and month-based folders, you may need to change permissions on those as well.

What you’re describing almost certainly sounds like a permissions issue. Hope that helps.

• eborg9

Yep, I started to realize that this was my problem, not anything having to do with the theme. New server. New Theme. New FTP access.

That worked ! Thank you very much for the tech support :slight_smile:

It will probably help someone else as well.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.