Having issues w/ Pro Sites & Clients upgrading theirs sites.

Hello,

I'm granting access in case you might need it. I'm using Pro Sites and some clients are having issues upgrading their sites. I'm getting this dialog.

"Your site was extended manually and may not renew automatically. If you have an active subscription this message will disappear once payment is received. Please contact us if you have any concerns."

Any idea if I"m doing something wrong?

Thank you for your help in advance,

Adrian

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Adrian

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I've pinged our Pro Site's developer for further insights here. But by message's description, it seems that you've manually extended that site or created Pro Site in past so automatic renewal is not happening for that site. But let's wait for developer's input here.

Kind Regards,
    Milan

• Adrian
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Milan,

Thanks for the reply here. I've granted access yesterday with the foresight that it might be needed. I placed the same query to the forum in hopes the users might have some insight. I in fact have manually extended the accounts - Rupok asked for it in the forum.

The accounts I'm having issue with are:

godshousecc.com

purposecenterchurch.com

gatewayqc.church

All of them were manually extended. Didn't know I couldn't do this. I extended them during the development process.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Adrian.

• Adrian

the other sites were created in wordpress not stripe. no other gateway was used. does this help? also, gatewayqc.church was created in wordpress and don't believe they're credit card is on file either. unsure what i'm doing wrong.

thank you,

Adrian

• Umesh Kumar
      • Code Wrangler

Sorry for the confusion in there, I meant "purposecenterchurch.com" and not churchonline.solutions.

So out of the three sites you mentioned in above response, 2 of them have Manual gateway, and the third one ( purposecenterchurch.com ) have a stripe subscription.

I'll checkout the issue on my setup and will update you in here shortly.

Cheers

• Umesh Kumar
    • Code Wrangler

Adrian, For the expired site gatewayqc.church, you can directly subscribe to a plan using Stripe/Paypal gateway.

For the other site, godshousecc.com, if you choose any plan and make the payment, the date will be extended according to selected period from the expiry date, so that should work fine as well.

Cheers

• Adrian

Adam,

thank you,

Umesh,

Yes, the site is live. Upgrade is not working with stripe, that is correct. Is it possible to copy site and use that in sandbox?

Thank you again for your help w/ this matter. I have 3 clients we there sites are not functioning as expected because of this issue. The only way to fix it is giving them permanent Premium Site status.

Looking forward to your reply.
    Adrian

• Adrian

Umesh,

So, not really sure how to copy the site. I was under the impression you were going to do that? I was able to log in to my stripe account and noticed purposecenterchurch.com was able to enter their CC info and was charged the $50 fee. However, their site didn't propagate the premium plug ins. I had to manually activate them.

I went ahead and entered a subscription for godshousecc.com on stripe. i was able to add the Premium Site subscription and apply the discount code for them. However, that didn't propagate to their account info on their website or the Admin Dashboard.

Is there a place to post the stripe account info on our Admin Dashboard and connect the two?

I have since activated manually their plug ins and their sites are running smoothly, however, gatewayqc.church has yet to provide their CC info for me to update their site. That's on their end though, but if I can do this manually, I will.

Please advice,

Thank you,

Adrian

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Adrian!

Since Umesh is working with you on the main issue let me just address the site copying question:

So, not really sure how to copy the site

The best solution here (to help with further diagnosing) would be to setup so called staging site. A staging site is an exact copy of the live site. Perfectly, it would be set on the very same server (hosting account if it's a shared hosting) just e.g. in a subfolder or a separate domain.

You may create such a site manually but you can also use our Snapshot Pro for this. Here's a complete guide on how to do this:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/easy-migration-snapshot/

Please note though: since it's a guide for moving the site the only difference here would be that you don't remove an original (live) site afterwards; all other steps would be the same.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.