Having issues with blog and plugins on Spirit Theme

I am unable to get the blog portion of my website working. I want the articles to show a summary and read more. Also when I try and preview /blog it doesnt show the 3 posts that I have written (when I click on the different posts - it takes me to a post that isnt applicable). I also cant get the floating social plugin to work (showing the icons for Facebook, google+ and other social sharing sites). I am also trying to get the Social Marketing plugin working for an e-coupon, but it wont show the icons for Facebook, google etc. Anything that you can do to help would be awesome. Website is timutzig.com and I am utilizing the Spirit Theme.

• Nastia

Hello Timothy

Welcome to WPMU DEV Community!

Thank you for granting access. I visited your page and the blog page shows all 3 articles, the article summary and the Read More button:

when I click on the different posts - it takes me to a post that isnt applicable

I can see that all post are oppening another same post everytime. I can't replicate this on my instalation.

Would you please run a quick check for a conflict with a plugin/theme?

Deactivate all other plugins and test again. If the issue is gone, please activate one plugin at the time to find out which one is causing this conflict.

Please follow the flowchart from our manual:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I also cant get the floating social plugin to work (showing the icons for Facebook, google+ and other social sharing sites).

I can see that the plugin is working on your site, but not on all pages. I have reported this to our developers so they can have a closer look.

You can create a sticky region with Social icons. Click on Pencil icon, when you hover over the region, open region settings and select Sticky this region checkbox.

I am also trying to get the Social Marketing plugin working for an e-coupon, but it wont show the icons for Facebook, google etc.

I have inserted the add in one of the pages and the Social icons are working. I tested it on my installation as well. Would you please let us know more details where to look for an issue?

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Panos

Hello Timothy ,

Regarding the "Blogs" page, I made some changes in the posts settings and it seems to be displaying the Read more buttons with the proper links.

As for the content loosing it's markup, this issue seems to go deeper. I think that is what Nastia was talking about in her reply. I also can't replicate this in any of my installations with any of the upfront themes. What we noticed on your site is that when we're on the Upfront Editor and try to add a new Post it simply opens a post that already exists, where the layout seems to be wrong. After that I visited Admin menu > Posts, where I noticed that new posts were created as drafts, also when trying to edit them the layout was the wrong one again.

I see you have two plugins active, would it be to much to ask if you deactivate them and then go to Upfront Editor and click the "New Post" button? It should normally show you in the Upfront Editor an empty page where it asks for post title, featured image and content. I would deactivate them myself but I would need your permission for this.

Looking forward to your reply!

Kind regards,
    Panos

• Panos

Hi Timothy ,

It turned out that something went wrong with the layouts and it shouldn't be related to other plugins. I tried changing the layout but with no luck so I had to reset theme. It seems to work normally now, you can add new posts directly from Upfront Editor. Downside is that the menu has probably changed and I don't remember which items you had there, so you will probably need to restore it. Apologies if this causes you any trouble.

I have kept a backup just in case you see something missing and would prefer to bring it back to previous state.

Please let me know if it is working for you or not.

====EDIT====
        Just realized that your homepage has been set to spirit default and logo too. Please let me know if you would like me to restore to previous state.

Kind regards,
        Panos

• Panos

Hey Tim,

Thanks for your kind words and you points :smiley: Really happy I could help!

You can insert/edit content in post/pages directly from Upfront editor (recommended as you have all these drag and drop tools to use ) or by traditional WordPress way (in this case keep in mind not to change the Template as the content will be replaced with template's dummy content - this is irrelevant to the question but good to know :slight_smile: ).

Whichever way you have followed to create/add a page or post, you will have ti insert this meta information for SEO traditionally, from Admin menu > Posts/Pages.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    Panos

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.