Having issues with mapped domain showing up in dashboard and front end of site

I mapped a new domain on a site in my multisite, with buddypress and pro site about 4 hrs ago.

The health is valid, and the mapped domain shows up in the "sites" list in network admin.

I can type in the new domain name in a browser and it will pull it up perfectly.

It is in the list of "my sites" as super admin, listed properly with the new mapped domain.

Problem is when I click on the mapped domain from the "my sites" list it takes me to the dashboard of the right site, however, it still lists the old domain.

If I click on "visit site" it takes me to the right home page, but the url in the browser is the old multisite subsite url instead of the mapped domain.

Does it just take time to "settle in" or have I done something incorrectly? I have granted support access, network site url is:

http://www.theecoaccelerator.com

subsite is:

EntrepreneurCommunityOnlineCommunicationsCenter.com, titled in the list as ECO Communications Center.

Thanks in advance for your help! Linda @iempoweru

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Linda,

Hope you're doing well today!

If you want the admin side to have the mapped domain too then you will need to set that in your network admin > Settings > Domain Mapping options :slight_smile:

I've attached a screenshot to illustrate.

As the mapped domain not being linked properly on the frontend, this is happening because when the domain was mapped the "disabled .." frontend redirect option was selected. Make sure you select "Directed to mapped (primary) domain". As illustrated in the screenshot.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. I've already fixed this one for you, "visit site" should link properly now: EntrepreneurCommunityOnlineCommunicationsCenter.com

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.